2017: My Year In Review

2017: My Year In Review

A year full of ups and downs, but plenty of lessons learned in the process.
61

As another year comes to a close yet again, I only thought it would be acceptable to write about what has happened in my life during the last 12 months. I know everyone says this, but I cannot believe how fast this past year has gone. It seems like yesterday it was just beginning, and now as I am writing this it is one week away from Christmas. It's not a joke when your parents say that time flies, so make sure to take in life every single day and appreciate every second of it while you can.

Let's take it all the way back to January, I was starting my last semester of undergrad at FGCU. It still amazes me that I graduated back in May with my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, but I am very proud of myself for never giving up and pushing through even when I was drowning in school work. Hard work definitely pays off in the end and now I am extremely excited to begin my graduate program in the fall of 2018.

I also did a lot of traveling and exploring this past year which was very beautiful and breathtaking. In June, I was thankful enough to travel across the pond with my mom and grandma to France! I had been dreaming of going to the city of Paris ever since I was a little kid and my dreams finally came true. I was lucky enough to spend 10 days overseas embracing the new culture of northern and southern France and it was one of, if not the best, experiences of my life. I can't wait to go back to Paris again to spend even more time there in the future.

I took this past year off of school since I just graduated I felt as though I needed a break to relax my brain since I have always been enrolled in classes since I can remember. So, I was way more focused on my job and my volunteering opportunity with Crisis Text Line. Back in October, I traveled by myself for the first time ever and flew to Atlanta for one of the best weekends to have a meet up with my Crisis Text Line family. Although I was quite anxious about it at first, it ended up turning out to be an amazing time and I made friends with fellow crisis counselors from all over the United States. It was great to finally be able to put faces to the names of those I converse with regularly on our platform when we are helping others. I can't wait for next years palooza!

I know there are probably WAY more things that took place over the last 12 months, but those are just a few of the top ones I felt were worth sharing since sometimes I feel like I am not doing enough, but I think that's normal amongst everyone. Maybe this will inspire some of you to take time to recognize what you accomplished this past year, you may even be surprised with what you discover.

2017 was full of many ups and downs, but I would never trade any of those experiences because they have all made me stronger as a result. I think I was able to fully acknowledge what I want from my life and what I don't. Whether it has to do with my friendships, relationships, education, or career and I am very proud of myself for putting my feelings first and taking care of my own needs more so than worrying about everyone else's. My hope is that this continues throughout the new year and I wish you all for a great, happy and healthy new year. Cheers!