2016 Top 25 DIY Halloween Costumes

2016 Top 25 DIY Halloween Costumes

Best costumes of the year. Easy to make, creative to be!

343
2016 Top 25 DIY Halloween Costumes
Shinzoo

Who needs a trip to Party City or Spirit Halloween store, when you can save your money and utilize a creative mind of your own? Most popular in college and as you get older, more people by the year are creating DIY Halloween costumes. There is nothing better than piecing together articles of clothing from your own closet or hitting the stores at the mall to find items for your outfit. Altogether, whatever you buy will probably cost less than a packaged costume for sell in stores made out of cheap fabric.

Let's be real, as a kid you want the full costume to look as identical as possible to whoever you are being, but once you get older, you start to be more creative with it and learn what's called... being 'cost efficient'. You learn to make whatever you buy more useful; you buy something you can use and wear on multiple occasions rather than just one day and never again.

Every year, DIY costumes get more creative each Halloween and this year, Instagram proves some popular costume trends this year.

In no particular order...

2016 Top 25 DIY Halloween Costumes:

1. Alien

2. Purge

3. Barbie

4. Sandy and Danny from Grease

5. Boxer

6. Hobo

7. Trump vs. Clinton

8. Lifeguard

9. Gumball Machine

10. Zombie

11. KISS

12. Unicorn

13. Monsters Inc.

14. Sandlot

15. Skeleton

16. Frat Boy

17. Drink Beverages

18. Dodgeball Average Joes

19. Teletubbies

20. Netflix and Chill

21. Mean Girls

22. Lilo & Stitch

23. Alvin & the Chipmunks

24. Fruit

25. Playing Cards

As you scroll through your Facebook newsfeed and your Instagram accounts, I am sure you will come to see many people wearing these costumes as well as other DIY costumes. When in doubt for Halloween, Do It Yourself! Make your own costume!