Iconic Early 2000s Fashion Trends That Need To Come Back, ASAP

Lime Green Crocs And 14 Other Early 2000s Fashion Trends That Need To Come Back ASAP

Seven-year-old me wearing lime green crocs: "It's called fashion."

120

The early 2000s was easily a golden era of fashion, at least that's what pre-teen me thought at the time. Looking back at it... not so much. But hey, at least us late-'90s babies weren't "rocking" clothing plastered with emojis and acronyms like "LOL" and "YOLO." Remember the daring looks of Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake when they pulled off all denim, matching outfits? Or the Disney Channel/fashion icon, Ashley Tisdale and all her infamous red carpet looks? Truly legendary.

Thanks to stores like Urban Outfitters, SOME of these treasured trends are making a miraculous comeback. You can even find them on Amazon! Though we did have some interesting trends, you're lying to yourself if you haven't wished you could flaunt around in a fresh new pair of gauchos again.

1. Low rise jeans paired with chunky belts

Well, you needed something to keep your jeans from falling even lower, so why not a statement belt?

Buy it on Amazon.

2. Layered tank tops

Because why not wear 3 tank tops on top of each other?

Buy them on Amazon.

3. Gauchos

God bless the creator of these magical pants.

Buy them on Amazon.

4. Crocs

Well, duh.

Buy them on Amazon.

5. Livestrong Bracelets

You couldn't catch a single elementary student without at least one of these bad boys on their wrists.

Buy it on Amazon.

6. Headbands with scarf tails

I think I had eight of these at one point in my life. That was clearly my peak.

Buy them on Amazon.

7. Kanye Glasses

Probably the most impractical trend, but that did not make anyone immune to these barred-shades.

Buy them on Amazon.

8. Stylish barrettes

Yes, I do need 12 barrettes for only one piece of hair.

Buy it on Amazon.

9. Jelly sandals

I saw a pair of these in Forever 21 last week and nearly died.

Buy them on Amazon.

10. Silly bands

"I'll give you two dog silly bands for one of your horse silly bands."

Buy them on Amazon.

11. Colorful tracksuits

Remember in "Mean Girls" when the only thing Regina could fit into was her pink tracksuit? I felt that.

Buy it on Amazon.

12. Plaid shorts

I looked like a damn picnic table most of my childhood.

Buy them on Amazon.

13. Skinny sequined scarves

Definitely did not keep you warm, but at least they kept you fashionable.

Buy it on Amazon.

14. Initialed bags

If you didn't have at least 6 bags with your first initial on it, then what were you doing?

Buy it on Amazon.

15. Lip Smackers lip balm

And what better to fill your initialed bag with other than soda-flavored lipgloss?

Buy it on Amazon.

Please note that all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.