20 Things That Only Kids From Big Families Understand

There's never a dull moment when you're together.

134
Flickr

What is it like to be one of 6 kids? Hmm...good question. It's kind of hard to describe. I could list all of the things that I love about it, or go on for days about the things that made me wish I was an only child. I guess I would have to call it...interesting. Yes, definitely interesting...

I guess you would really only understand if you were part of one too.

1. As soon as dinner hits the table...it's every man for himself.

2. And when you get your hands on that last piece...

3. Getting everyone in the same room can be tricky at times.

4. And agreeing on a television channel is never easy.

5. But when you finally do, its like...

6. How about when you pull into the driveway and realize that you all need to use the bathroom?

7. Or when you're the last one to take a shower and suddenly its not so hot...

8. Outsiders just don't understand the way that you function.

9. Sometimes your parents don't either.

10. Seriously, there are times when they just want to hand you off to someone else.

11. Trying to fight for your parents attention like...

12. Don't forget how everyone conveniently tries to do laundry at the same time.

13. And don't you just love when your family group text blows up your phone?

14. And when your parents repeatedly call you by the wrong name?

15. But if they can list all of your birthdays including day, month and year...

16. You always have the loudest cheering section at sporting events.

17. You always have more hugs than you could need.

18. You always have people to listen to your stories.

19. You always have a small army behind you. "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us."

20. And of course, there's never a dull moment when you're all together.

Big families are great, for thousands of reasons, not just the few that I've listed. My big family is absolutely crazy, and I absolutely love it. I'm not saying that small families are boring, just that big families are special in ways that you wouldn't understand if you weren't in one.

So shout out to my family. You make me crazy but you also keep me sane.

Lots of love.