The stay-at-home order many states have adopted are approaching their second or third week. This means many of us have been quarantined at our house for some time, and it might not be going away any time soon. Here are twenty things I need to stop doing for the remainder of this quarantine because they're negatively affecting me. You probably can relate to some if you've been feeling a bit like a mess, too.
1. Eating out of boredom
2. Staying up all night then sleeping most of the day
3. Spending hours on TikTok
4. Binge-watching Netflix, specifically, "Tiger King"
5. Drinking wine every night
6. Online shopping
7. Telling myself I'm going to clean a different part of the house each day, then not doing it
8. Playing old games like Minecraft and Webkinz
9. Never changing out of my pajamas
10. Taking multiple naps a day
11. Starting projects then getting bored of them
12. Looking up how to dye and cut my hair on my own
13. Forgetting to put my piercings in and almost letting my holes close up
14. Making cringe TikTok dances
15. Reaching a new "hours spent on phone this week"
16. FaceTiming my friends who are actually being productive
17. Bothering my parents
18. Looking people up from your past on social media
19. The highlight of my day being "Wine with DeWine" (s/o to my Ohio friends)
20. Feeling like this semester of college is "optional" even though it isn't
If you were able to relate to any of these 20 things, you may be a mess, too. Although it's easy to complain about the circumstances due to COVID-19, I am lucky. I am home and healthy, I don't have to put myself at risk every day. Thank you to all the healthcare workers and other essential workers who are working despite COVID-19 still being relevant and dangerous. We appreciate you!