20 Things Every Sorority Girl Can Relate To

12

It doesn’t matter if you’re in different houses or go to different schools.  Being Greek is a uniting force that bridges the gaps between the different sororities and campuses across the country.  You may think, “I have nothing in common with a girl who’s in ABC sorority! Us in EFG are so different from them.”  

Well, ladies, I hate to break it to you but there are parts of being Greek that translate no matter where you go to school.

To prove it, here are 20 things that every sorority girl will relate to:

1. You somehow manage to abbreviate almost every single word in the English language. 

2. You use mixers as the perfect opportunity to steal your sister’s cute new dress that you’ve been eying for awhile. 

3. Living on the halls is like a sleepover montage 24/7. 

4. You’ve spent all of your money on t-shirts.  Help me, I'm poor! 

5. During a candle lighting ceremony, you secretly want to blow out the candle just to see people’s reactions.  

6. Needing to buy everything with your sorority’s symbol on it (who doesn’t have a collection of turtle socks? So necessary.) 

7. You’re guilty of getting the social email for the night and saying, “Ew, *insert fraternity here*”. 

8. You know that if you don’t post a picture on Instagram then it’s like you weren’t even at that party.  (Do your thing #SELFIEQUEEN) 

9. You’ll always remember how you found your big: bonding over Starbucks and Channing Tatum’s abs. 

10. As a freshman, secretly being freaked out by the older girls’ obsession with you. 

11. You really, really hate going to chapter. 

12. But it’s all fine if a cute guy comes and makes an announcement at chapter. 

13. You always “throw what you know” when there’s a camera in sight. 

14. You know your sorority sisters are always there for you. 

15. You get overly aggressive during competitions with other sororities.  Oops.

16. You feel like everything you own somehow has your letters on it. 

17. Already buying gifts for your little even though they might not exist yet. 

18. Immediately having a bond with a sister from a different school. 

19. Never actually knowing your secret password for chapter until after you Google it. 

20. You never want to graduate and leave all the amazing all the amazing friends you’ve made in your sorority!   

Every girl in a sorority brags about how much they love their sorority, and with good reason! It’s part of my college experience that I wouldn’t change for the world.  Being apart of Delta Zeta has become such a large and important part of my life.  And I’m sure the same can be said about any other girl and their sorority.  This list may seem trivial, and a bit silly, but we’re girls.  We’re allowed to be silly and have fun with our sisters.  No matter who we are or how we relate to one another, we are sisters for life.  Plus, there is some truth to all of this, right?