Texts We Will All Send Our Moms This Semester

'I Miss Your Cooking,' And 19 Other Texts You Send Mom During The First Month Of College

Don't be ashamed, we have all done it.

182
https://unsplash.com/photos/m7zKB91brGo

The first month of college is always the hardest.

For most people, it is their first time being out on their own and doing everything for themselves. You send your mom away the first chance you get to start your road to freedom, but you soon realize that maybe you do still need her for a few things... or a lot of things.

She is your go-to person for any question, any piece of gossip, and just someone to talk to when you are feeling a little lonely away from home. Undoubtedly, these 20 things have been said between you and your mother during that first month away from home.

Is it really important to separate your laundry?

How do I politely tell my roommate(s) to SHUT UP

How do I know if I am sick?

Can you make me a doctors appointment?

I miss your cooking.

Can we FaceTime so I can see my dogs?

Does this look okay to you?

How do you know when chicken is cooked?

Can you transfer some money over?

Okay, I am at the doctor and filling out the paperwork, can I call you about all of this?

What exactly is a cover letter?

How much coffee is too much?

Surprise I got a new tattoo.

How often am I supposed to wash my sheets?

Did I file taxes last year?

My professor sucks, I am dropping out and moving home.

Sorry, forgot to turn my WiFi on, I used all of the data watching Netflix

Why is stuff so expensive? We all need soap, it should be illegal to charge what they do.

Am I registered to vote?

I'm coming home for the weekend.