20 Spring Tasks That Don't Require Cleaning

A reminder to nourish your soul

94
Dany Sternfeld

Spring is in the air! *Insert sunshine here*

The first thing that comes to mind during this season of new beginnings, is spring cleaning. How do we accumulate and hoard so much junk and clutter throughout the year that we always seem to be partaking in this annual purifying event? We should be spending springtime outside; hiking, planting a garden, playing basketball at the park, riding a bike, literally anything but cleaning.

To ensure that we are doing this, we should be decluttering our lives year-round, by only taking what we need and donating what doesn't fulfill our lives any longer. Cleaning, itself, shouldn't be done just once a year. We should be maintaining the homes we live in constantly. *Dust bunnies, ew*

We often take for granted the beautiful weather springtime brings us, by organizing our closets, dusting the ceiling fan, wiping down the microwave, or tossing old products that may have expired since last spring.

Instead of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, Scrubbing Bubbles Max Grease Cleaner, Clorox Disinfectant Wipes, and Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner; this spring should be about nourishing the soul:

1. Go Hiking

Somewhere with a scenic view or a flowery meadow.

2. Create a Spring Playlist

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Beatles.

3. Take a walk

Device-free!

4. Buy citrus essential oils for aromatherapy

Hello dōTERRA.

5. Open the windows

Feel the breeze seep in.

6. Create a new workout routine

Try exercises that you can do outside.

7. Start a new hobby

Scrapbooking? Yoga? Crocheting? Something that calms your mind.

8. Read a book that interests you

The library is free.

9. Have a spa day at home

DIY face and hair masks.

10. Paint a picture of flowers

It doesn't have to be as good as Van Gogh or Monet.

11. Take a bubble bath

Or a milk bath.

12. Plant a garden

Flower garden, vegetable garden. Not sure how? Everything is on Pinterest or Google.

13. Volunteer to clean up your local park

Do good, feel good.

14. Have a bbq with friends for no reason

It doesn't need to be Memorial Day to do that!

15. Go to a free outdoor event in your community

Movie or concert in the park.

16. Go fishing

Or just sit there on the dock with a fishing rod looking out at the lake.

17. Make a bird feeder

If you're a bird, I'm a bird.

18. Watch the sunset and look at the stars

Romantic date ideas.

19. Go to the farmers market and get fresh produce

Eat local.

20. Go sightseeing

Be a tourist in your own city or state or go travel.

A Flower Blossoms For Its Own Joy - Oscar Wilde