20 Signs You're Completely Obsessed With Your Fitbit

Steps, steps, steps!

841
http://www.orlandosentinel.com

After listening to my friends talk about their Fitbits 24/7 for two weeks straight and watching them run around in circles competing with each other trying to get in more steps than the other, I decided to get a Fitbit to see what all the hype was about -- and now I know. I never knew I had a competitive side to me, but it sure came out when I would do anything to win the Fitbit challenges. I found myself walking in the rain at 10:30 p.m. just to win the Workweek Hustle. I am completely obsessed with my Fitbit, and I'm sure many of you are too.

Here are 20 signs you're obsessed with your Fitbit:

1. You probably spent over 100 dollars on your Fitbit, so you're already obsessed.

2. You wear your Fitbit everywhere. It doesn't matter if you have on a dress or a T-shirt and Nike shorts; you always have it on. You even have a tan line from your Fitbit.

3. Forms of exercise such as swimming become pointless, because you can't get in any steps.What's the point of exercise if your Fitbit can't track it?

4. Steps! Steps! Steps!

5. It's all you talk about, and you know you're starting to annoy people by talking about it so much.

6. When you hit your 10,000 step goal, you basically throw yourself a party."10,000 steps! Nailed it! Go me!"

7. You do whatever it takes to win the Weekend Warrior or Workweek Hustle, even if that means walking in the rain at night....

8. You have become super competitive with your friends. If one of your friends even dares to try to take the lead when you're in first, you're automatically offended.

9. You've found sneaky ways to win the Workweek Hustle or Weekend Warrior...I didn't sync my Fitbit for a few hours just so my friends didn't see that I was completely crushing them in the workweek hustle until it was too late for them to make a comeback....but I'm not a cheater....right..?

10. You used to hate walking, but for some reason, it's fun for you now.

11. Finding out that your Fitbit was dead after a two mile walk is the worst news ever. What was even the point of walking if my Fitbit wasn't going to record my steps?

12. Getting Fitbit badges feels equivalent to getting a 100 on an exam. I did it! OMG, I got a new badge!

13. If you are more than 5,000 steps behind your friends, you are completely embarrassed. This is not acceptable -- what am I doing with my life? I need to pick it up.

14. You get angry at non-Fitbit people who just don't understand.

15. People make fun of your obsession with your Fitbit.

16. Looking at your sleep log is the most interesting thing in the world."I was restless at 2:35 am for about 3 minutes. Hmm, I wonder why?"

17. Your Fitbit is your only motivation.

18. You realize that before you had a Fitbit, you were one lazy person.

19. You park far away, even when there are spots up close, just to get in those extra few steps.

20. You find yourself double tapping your Fitbit again and again to see how many steps you're at, even if you checked less than a minute ago.

*5,657 steps*

45 seconds later *double taps again to check*

*5,789 steps*