20 Reasons Why Fall is the Best Season in Blacksburg

From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to visiting the Pumpkin Patch, fall in Blacksburg brings everybody outside to enjoy the view.

19

Fall is by far my favorite season but I didn't quite fall in love with until I came to Virginia Tech. God was clearly a Hokie. Why else would the leaves change maroon and orange in the fall? Here are 20 reasons why fall is the best season in Blacksburg.

1. All pumpkin everything: Coffee, pie, patches, etc. You name it, we have it.

2. Fall clothes: What girl doesn't like a good pair of skinny jeans, riding boots, and a chunky scarf.

3. The beginning of Bean Boots season: Don't act like you don't have a pair/don't want a pair.

4. How beautiful campus becomes: The changing leaves create the perfect color contrast against the grey Hokie Stone that decorates our campus.

5. It gets cold enough that there is an excuse to cuddle.

6. Football games: Finally there is always something to watch on TV.

7.Pumpkin patch pictures become a staple: If you haven't been to Sinkland farms then you are missing out.

8. It's an appropriate time to start planning the perfect Halloween costume: You know you want to make a statement this year, so what will you be on Halloween?

9.Jumping in leaves: There are leaves everywhere and no one hates it. Take the time to enjoy them.

10. Warm drinks: Goodbye iced caramel coffee. Hello pumpkin spice latte, hot apple cider, and hot chocolate.

11.Guys dress nicer: Yes this is a drastic generalization, but it gets cold enough outside that we girls will see less and less gym shorts.

12. Fall Break: We may only get one Friday off, but one day is better than none during these heavy test weeks.

13. Less humidity: Guess whose hair will not frizz up like a lion as soon as they walk outside? This girl's.

14.Bonfires: Eat a s'more or two for me.

15.Lower electricity bills: We can finally turn off the AC and put a few extra dollars back into our wallets.

16. You are finally settled in: Gone is the stress of moving in and arranging all your things the way you like them. Now you finally get the chance to enjoy your living area and know what classes you are going too on each day.

17. New movies come out: Gone Girl, The Best of Me, or Ouija (if that's more your style).

18.Farmers Markets in Downtown Blacksburg: The market is literally so full of townies it's impossible to not get wrapped up in the homemade desserts, soaps and local produce.

19. Always an excuse to go for a long drive: Just driving around Blacksburg off campus, you really get to experience the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains hold and appreciate how every single leaf is a different color. 

20.Fall is a great excuse to become an outdoorsy person: Never loved hiking or camping? Now you are in a perfect environment with some of your best friends so you finally enjoy the cooler temperatures, gorgeous scenery, and new memories to come.