Having a rough day at work? Just need something to bring your mood up? Here are 20 quotes that may help you out for the day.
1. "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
2. "You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right."
3. "With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."
4. "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."
5. "Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from."
-Terry Tempest Williams
6. "I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
7. "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
-Jalal ad-Din Rumi
8. "Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive."
9. "Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.
10. "I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
11. "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth."
12. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
13. "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
14. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
15. "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It's just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don't buy it. Be smart. Be thoughtful and be generous."
16. "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
17. "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."
18. "Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over."
19. "Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."
20. "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."
I hope these quotes have bettered your day. Don't forget, be someone's inspiration. You never know who is looking.