20 One-Liners That You've Exchanged With Your Roommate
Friendships

"We have to take out the trash today."

12344
personal photo

God bless the soul that shares a room with me. Thank you for endless laughter, turning off the lights when I'm already in bed, and loving me so well.

“I can't think of a caption for this. Write it for me."

This happens at least once a week, especially on the night of formal.

“If I bend over wearing these leggings can you see my underwear?"

It's better for your roomie to tell you this one than someone else.

“I'm going on day three without a shower. Does my hair look greasy?"

Even when they say no, they mean that you should really use some dry shampoo.

“You really just need to get over him. You're worth so much more than a stupid boy."

It's the sweetest, most humbling reminder after a night of tears and ice cream.

“We should probably clean tomorrow."

Said, but never done.

“Hide the candles. We have room checks tomorrow."

Sometimes you forget and you get fined.

“I'm going to walk past you and I need you to tell me if I smell bad."

See, you aren't the only one who does that.

“Wake me up in 20 minutes."

A post-class nap on a Monday never hurts until you both fall asleep for three hours.

“Do you think there are any guys in the hall? I need to get my laundry, but I'm not wearing pants."

This one is self-explanatory.

“Your leftovers smelled bad, so I threw them out."

The pungent smell seeping through the refrigerator is inevitable when you leave guacamole from Chipotle in there for two weeks.

“Can you tell me if my thesis makes sense?"

Midnight paper-writing is hard.

“Can we go to the Caf earlier? I'm so hungry already."

We're all walking grandmas in college. Dinner at 5 p.m. is a must.

“Can I wear that tomorrow?"

What's mine is yours.

“What's your cat's name again?"

This is a typical example of a burning question at two in the morning.

“We're already 10 minutes late."

We say this before every chapter meeting.

“Would it be bad if I skipped class tomorrow so I can watch 'Scandal?'"

Please say no, please say no. Just go to class with your computer and watch "Scandal" there.

“Does your throat hurt too?"

Happy flu season!

“How many ibuprofen can you take in a day?"

I don't know. Google it. I took six once and I'm still alive.

“It's only Tuesday."

It's OK. You can cry about it together.

“I love you!"

The best one. Finding a roommate that loves you on days when you don't love yourself is such a blessing. The love that we feel for the people that we live with is so special and so unique.

I'm sorry for all of the times that I've annoyed you, killed one of our plants, or been insensitive because I'm too worried about myself. Thank you for still loving me.

Shout out to all of the roommates out there. You're the bomb.