20 Of The Best Halloween Movies, Old And New

Fun and fear for all ages.

45
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/04/636427457986877547118077840_halloween-pumpkins-1440666415sb0.jpg

There are great movies from the '90s and 2000s to watch now! From comedy to horror, watch a movie a week (or two) for the full Halloween experience before the wonderful day comes. Here are 20 grand movies, old and new, to light up your nights with laughs and shivers. Between "Hocus Pocus" and "Sweeney Todd" and, of course, "Charlie Brown," there is fun for every age.

1. Hocus Pocus

Fun filled adventure of three children who awaken three evil witches.

2. Young Frankenstein

Wonderful comedy about a man who creates a monster after he realizes he might not hate his family history.

3. Nightmare Before Christmas

A skeleton decides that he should take over Christmas and it rapidly becomes out of hand.

4. Live Action Scooby Doo

"Scooby Doo" with real people and a really funny crisis is a great monster mystery for the Halloween gang to enjoy!

5. Corpse Bride

A man running from a risen corpse bride who wants to marry him. Tim Burton films are always great this time of year

6. Edward Scissor Hands

Young Johnny Depp stars in this classic outsider story of a boy who lives forever with long scissors for hands.

7. Dark Shadows

Another great Johnny Depp film, this one about a vampire living forever with a crazy family some only out for power others for love.

8. Charlie Brown: Halloween

A wonderful Charlie Brown classic that every person should watch at least once in their lives!!

9. Scary Movie

Hilarious, satirical comedy about other horror films

10. Beetlejuice

Wonderful music and hilarious trials for two ghosts learning about their home being taken from them. As they find a man they think will help them keep their sanity, their lives, or rather deaths, take an even crazier turn.

11. Adams Family

A wonderful family quite different than the rest of the world and their fun with life.

12. Adams Family Values

With many plots, this is a great movie to watch whether you know the Adams family or not. Wednesday Adams goes to summer camp with normal people and craziness ensues. Mauritania Adams has a baby and everyone seems to want to kill it.

13. Casper

A wonderful comedy about a nice ghost and his three abusive brothers

14. & 15. Ghostbusters

Both the old and new are worth watching.

16. Mask

Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz are wonderful in this amazing comedy about a man finding a mask that transforms him into a crazy cartoon.

17. The Book of Life

A wonderful tale of love in the afterlife.

18. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If you want to watch some killing of vampires and the life of a teen girl than enjoy some amazing Buffy time!!

19. Practical Magic

The three witches in modern society decide it's a great plan to bring a guy back from the dead, except when they do the spell a demon comes to life instead of the guy they wanted

20. Sweeney Todd

A dramatic horror, musical, about a barber's revenge on the evil Judge Turpin (not for children).