20 Of Your Favorite '90's Candies

20 Of Your Favorite '90's Candies

I want candy, do-do-do-do.

59061
20 Of Your Favorite '90's Candies

As someone who loves gum and candy, I would like to dedicate a throwback article to the Renaissance of snack production, aka the '90s.

1. Ouch! Gum

Ouch! is a type of sugar-free bubble gum made by the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company under the Hubba Bubba brand name. By the 1990s, the gum was available in the flavors of grape, watermelon and strawberry.

2. Wonderball

A hollowed-out chocolate ball full of glucose wonder.

3. Bubble Jug

The name is pretty self-explanatory.

4. Watermelon Laffy Taffy (with seeds!)

Literally one of my favorite candies growing up. However, Wonka has decided to discontinue the seeds in their watermelon taffy, truly proving just how much they lack.

5. Squeeze Pop

Each weekend, my mom would take me and my sister to Blockbuster to rent "Goosebumps." During checkout, you best believe these were always in our hands. Nothing made R.L Stein's movies more complete than sugary goo for a snack.

6. Baby Bottle Pops

If you aren't singing the theme song, you're dead to me

7. Jujyfruits

Jujyfruits are Dots' less sticky cousin.

8. Gummy Cola Bottles

Anything gummy is an immediate bestie of my belly.

9. Nerds Rope

A candy rope covered in nerds.

10. Caramel Apple Pops

No matter how many times the jagged caramel would cut your mouth, the sweet and sour combination kept you chewing.

11. Gummy Blue Sharks

The only shark that I hope swims into my mouth.

12. FruitStripe Gum

This gum literally tastes like it is made from the blood of every mythical creature ever existed. However, in about 10 seconds of chewing, that flavor fully vanishes. Don't forget that the wrappers come with awesome tongue tattoos!

13. Push Pop

14. Pixy Stix

When I was a kid, I saw a movie where the main character was frequently doing coke throughout the film. About a week later on a field trip, I decided to sniff Pixy Stix to replicate the B.A. protagonist (I wanted to look cool, of course). I have never felt such a pain in my sinus cavity, nor have my boogers been more vibrant.

15. Tiny Size Gum

If you didn't dump the entire contents into your mouth all at once, you were doing it wrong.

16. Airheads

17. Jawbreakers

Thanks to Ed, Edd and Eddy, jawbreakers were in high demand in the '90s. Why our parents ever let us chow down on a rock solid sphere of sugar, I will never know.

18. Sour Punch Twists

Sour Twizzlers dipped and coated in more sour.

19. Runts

These hard, chalky, delicious "fruit" pieces were a staple in every '90 kid's diet. After their constant recipe changes, I would argue the purple and orange Runts have no place the sea of banana, cherries and apples. However, after numerous phone calls with Wonka himself, his biggest suggestion was to f*** off.

20. Cow Tales