Top 20 Christmas Season Date Ideas

Top 20 Christmas Season Date Ideas

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

970
Top 20 Christmas Season Date Ideas
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/27/636474220669225361699694214_480985721.jpg

Goodbye fall, hello winter! It's officially prime cuffing season and there seems to be a bit of magic in the crisp air. Snowball fights, watching Netflix under a blanket, and sleeping all day are some great date examples during the holidays, but you can do way better! If you want this time of year to be the most romantic and one to remember, check out these twenty date ideas!

1. Decorate a Christmas tree

We all have favorite memories of hanging up colorful lights and re-discovering old ornaments you forgot you had. Maybe there's music in the background and a family sing-a-long starting up as you put the star on the top of the tree. Why not make new memories with someone new?

2. Ice skating

What's better than learning how to skate on a slippery surface with your significant other?? Answer: nothing. It's a time that'll get everyone laughing. Sure you might fall on your butt a couple of times, but (hopefully) your significant other will be there to help you up.

3. Black Friday shopping

There's a wise saying that if you and your partner can survive the crowded, stressful shopping experience on Black Friday, you can survive anything.

4. Shopping in general...

Who doesn't love shopping???

5. Baking cookies

Food + spending time with the one you love = a perfect date!

6. Movie marathon

Home Alone, Elf, A Christmas Story, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas, and so many more!

7. Play in the snow

For those who are fortunate enough to have snow where they live, have a snowball fight or do some sled races.

8. Drink hot chocolate by the fire

Grab those cookies you baked and warm up as you sip on a favorite Christmas season drink!

9. Drive around and look at Christmas lights

For additional Christmas spirit, make sure you blast Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You".

10. Make Christmas ornaments

Hobby Lobby and Michaels sells clear, plastic ornaments for a decent price. All you have to do is fill the ornaments with glitter, paint, or whatever else you can find. Before you know it, you'll have your own personal touch on your Christmas tree.

11. Decorate a gingerbread house

A perfect excuse to eat as much candy as you want!

12. Read a classic Christmas book from when you were young

A Christmas Carol, The Polar Express, and The Nutcracker are just a few to start with.

13. Make ugly Christmas sweaters

Do you have an old sweater with a hole in it or one that doesn't fit you anymore? Add some colorful paint, glue on pom poms, or spray paint it however you'd like.

14. Volunteer in your community

Whether it's adopting a grandparent at a local nursing home, serving food at a food bank, or organizing a coat drive there's tons of ways to give back this holiday season.

15. Watch The Nutcracker Ballet

A classic tradition that allows you to get out of the house for a few hours.

16. Make a wish at midnight on Christmas Day

It seems cheesy, but who knows...your wish could come true!

17. Take out for two

Order take out food from several restaurants and eat it all while wearing your pajamas by the fire.

18. Cooking class

Not all of us have been gifted with the talent of cooking/baking. This fun date idea will not only teach you a new skill, but will also be a great memory.

19. Go caroling

Pretend your Mariah Carey or Celine Dion and don't hold back!

20. Exchange presents on Christmas Day

After you spend the morning opening presents with your family, spend some time with your S.O. and show them what you've been trying to keep secret since October.