20 Christmas Movies To Watch This December

Some unusual, some classic, but all great movies for your winter break!

1) The Santa Clause

Starring Tim Allen as Scott Calvin. Scott becomes Santa after the former Santa falls off his roof! He gets fat, grows a long white beard, and has to learn his way around the North Pole! This is my favorite Christmas movie!

2) The Santa Clause 2

In the second one, Scott has to find a wife to be his Mrs. Claus! I don't want to spoil too much but there may or may not be a Christmas cover of a Shania Twain song!

3) The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

Of course, you have to complete the trilogy! After finding Mrs. Claus, Scott has to defeat Jack Frost to save Christmas, while also preparing to become a father!

4) Home Alone

One of the greatest Christmas movies of all time! I'm not even going to explain it! If you haven't seen it...go watch it!! If you have seen it, go watch it again!

5) Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Same as the first one...GO WATCH IT!

6) Home Alone 3

Not as good as the first two because they changed the actors, but you can give it a shot just to finish the series!

7) ELF

"It's Buddy the elf, whats your favorite color?" You can learn so much from this movie, especially about the 4 main food groups! Don't be a cotton headed ninny muggins and go check out this awesome movie!

8) The Ultimate Christmas Present

Just an old throwback Disney Channel Movie! This is a cute movie about two girls trying to make it snow for the holiday! It gets forgotten about but definitely worth the watch!

9) A Christmas Story

This movie plays for 24 hours during Christmas Eve and Christmas! You can learn some valuable lessons from this movie, like don't stick your tongue to a frozen pole or that you'll shoot your eye out!

10) Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

Had a very shiny nose! One of the best Christmas movies there is! You have to love Hermey the elf who doesn't want to make toys! And we love watching Rudolph save the day when it is too foggy out for Santa to deliver the toys!

11) Fred Claus

A story about Santa Claus' older brother who hates Christmas but comes to help his brother save the day for all of the girls boys!

12) Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This movie is a great example of how love and togetherness is more important than material things. So instead of making dinner plans with yourself and wallowing in self pity, go out and enjoy your time with loved ones! Maybe your heart will grow three sizes too!

13) The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is it a Christmas movie or is it a Halloween movie? The world may never know the answer but who cares! It's a great movie that should be watched all year round! Although it's a little less Christmassy when Sandy Claws is kidnapped!

14) Deck The Halls

A very cute movie about two neighbors battling it out to see who will have the brightest Christmas lights! All they want it to be able to see their houses from space! Can they do it?

15) Miracle on 34th Street

A classic Christmas movie, especially for the kids! Susan, a young girl and a lawyer have to help Santa and bail him out of jail to save Christmas!

16) Bad Santa

Definitely not kid friendly, but a very funny movie! Starring Billy Bob Thorton as a mall Santa that robs the mall!

17) Four Chritmases

A great movie for people who spend the Holiday traveling back and forth between houses! The holidays can be very busy, but this movie serves as another great reminder that the holidays are about who you're spending time with. Also, who needs an excuse to watch a Reese Witherspoon movie?!

18) Christmas With the Kranks

When parents decide to cancel Christmas due to their daughters absence, they have to scramble to buy a tree, decorate the house, and get presents when she unexpectedly comes home! Although their plans changed, they were happy to be together as a family!

19) The Polar Express

A great Christmas movie for kids! The movie takes us on a journey to the North Pole while riding the Polar Express! It is also a great book! Don't forget to listen for the bells!

20) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Join the Griswold family for a wacky holiday! This movie is a great example that at the even when all the plans go wrong, at the end of the day the holidays are about spending time with family and having a few good laughs.