19 Things I’ve Learned In 19 Years

19 Things I’ve Learned In 19 Years

I've learned a lot.

4
https://pixabay.com/photos/birthday-cake-cake-birthday-380178/

On Monday, September 2nd, I will be turning 19 years old. This year coming up will be my last year as a teenager, the last year I can be reckless and not be an "adult". During these 19 years of being on this planet, I've made plenty of mistakes. So, that means that I've learned plenty of lessons.

Here are 19 things I've learned in 19 years.

1. It’s okay to not be okay.

2. There are people you can talk to if you’re having a rough time.

3. It’s okay to feel and show your emotions.

4. Just because a boy is nice to you doesn’t mean they like you like that.

5. If a guy doesn’t act on the feelings he says he has for you, forget him.

6. Don’t trust words; trust actions.

7. Work on yourself for YOURSELF.

8. Other people’s opinions of you don’t define you.

9. If people are rude to you, it’s not about you. It’s about them.

10. Going to the gym is a GREAT stress reliever.

11. Meditation and prayer are important. Keep up with them so your mind can stay clear.

12. Ask other people about their music tastes. It’s great to expand the music genres you listen to.

13. Spend more money on experiences and less money on things.

14. Give school all you have; it’s important for the future.

15. It’s good to challenge yourself, but don’t take on more than you can handle.

16. Friends come and go. The real ones stick around.

17. Make time for the people you care about because, some day, they won’t be there anymore.

18. Watch what you eat, but also indulge every once in a while.

19. The answer is always “no” if you don’t ask.

I'm not saying I won't make mistakes this year, or ever. I'm just saying that I've learned a lot about myself and others during my life, especially the past year. 18 was a great year with so many great experiences and lessons that were learned, and I'm so excited for the future experiences.