19 Unconventional Things To Add To Your Summer Bucket List

Clean out your closet (literally or figuratively)

51

Every summer, we all have a list of things that we want to get done before the fall rolls in and we head back to school. A lot of things include going to the beach, losing weight, or have a bonfire. Summer is an amazing time, but here are some different things to take on this summer!

Visit a farm

Find a local farm! Seeing some pigs and cows can be a fun day trip!

Do charity work

Giving back to those who need help the most is something we should all try to do when we can.

Have extended family time

Go find the cousins and uncles and aunts and have a family cookout or beach day!

Read a good book

You have the entire summer, why not find a good book to relax with and enjoy.

Try a new food

Give something new a try, if you don't like it you have the rest of the summer to stock up on ice cream.

Get a summer job

Might as well make some money this summer so you can afford all the fun things you want to do.

See a play/musical

Do something "classy" and go to a theater and see the play/ musical playing! There's always a good one around!

Keep a journal

Keep track of your summer with a daily journal! Then you can relive your summer even when it's over!

Photography

If writing isn't your thing, take a daily photo to show what you do for the summer and keep them on your phone or a journal! This will be something amazing to look back on when the summer is over.

Learn how to play a new sport

Tennis, kayaking, or any other sport you want to learn more about, this is the time to do it!

Get artsy by trying a new hobby

Grab a pad of paper or a canvas or find some fun ideas on Pinterest! Have fun this summer and use your free time creatively!

Visit a state you've never been to

Why not go on a road trip to some new places! Carpe Diem!

Go to a sporting event

Grab some baseball tickets (or any other game) and have a fun day!

Visit monuments/ famous locations near your house

Get some history into your summer and learn about your surroundings!

Do what makes you happy

Doing what makes you happy is key!

Watch your favorite childhood show

Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd, n Eddie, Dexter's Lab... the list can go on forever! Why not enjoy some time with your old favorites

Visit a flea market

Go out and find some old gems and hidden treasures at a local flea market!

Do some spring cleaning in the summer, or deal with some emotional things that you've been hiding or pushing aside.

Enjoy the little things

Just take some time to sit back, relax, and enjoy what's around you.