19 Things That Disney Wanted Us To Learn

Can adults still learn from Disney movies?

48
BlogSpot

Behind each Disney character there is life, and in each movie there is usually a message or theme. Most are pretty obvious, but sometimes we need take a step back and learn that they are not just moral lessons for children, adults can learn from them as well. It's easy to brush them aside as being stereotypical life messages and cliches. I know many of these quotes are a big staple in my morals and I'll explain them simply.

1. "Snow White"- "Remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine."

Sometimes it's easy to forget to add a little sunshine to our day. Everyone gets in a rut, but we forget we can pull ourselves out and make it better with our attitudes.

2. "Dumbo"- "The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up and up and up!"

Is it possible to explain a quote with a quote? Well that song by Kelly Clarkson, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is what I'm thinking of. All of those negatives that are in your life, all the bad things that happened have made you a stronger and the better person you are today.

3. "Bambi"- "Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same."

This quote reminds me of those who I have lost. I may be sad, but I need to keep my eyes open for that bright and wonderful reminder that they are still with me and remember the positives that the person gave me in life. I also chose this specif GIF, because I say this quote way to much! It speaks the truth, really just don't say it if it's not nice... pretty simple.

4. "Cinderella"- "Have courage and be kind."

I don't think this quote needs much explaining, but I would also change it slightly. I think in today's society we need to have the courage to be kind. It's so nice to see a stranger smile as you compliment their outfit or simply when you simply say hi. Holding the door open for other and helping each other out is a great way to live life.

5. "Alice in Wonderland"- "This is impossible!" "Only if you believe it is."

I absolutely love this quote! I like to remind myself never to say something is impossible, just try to find another way. This pushes me to keep trying and never give up.

6. "Peter Pan"- "To live will be an awfully big adventure."

You will never experience anything longer than your life, so make sure you live it to the fullest. Live each day to it's potential and enjoy life! There is so much to see, learn and experience, so listen to Peter and have an adventure!

8. "Sword and the Stone"- "Just because you don't understand something, it doesn't mean its wrong."

I haven't seen this movie in such a long time, but I thought this quote needs to be shared especially in today's world.

9. "The Aristocats"- "Boy, your eyes are like sapphires."

This, my friends, is how you compliment a lady. Do NOT cat call, or hoot and holler, that is definitely not a compliment. Complimenting somebody politely can make their day. The best part about compliments is that you don't even have to know the person or have a crush on them.

10. "Winnie the Pooh"- "Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved."

Enough said.

11. "Aladdin"- "Like so many things, it's not what is outside, but what is inside that counts."

Yeah the magic golden lamp is dusty and worn on the outside, but when shown a little care Aladdin finds a little magic inside along with a best friend. We shouldn't let outside appearances make our decisions.

12. "Pocahontas"- "You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew."

This is another great quote about learning to accept each other for their differences. We all don't look or act alike, because let's be honest that would be quiet boring. Our differences make us all unique and special and we all need to learn to love them, and you will never learn if you never try.

13. "Hunchback of Notre Dame"- "Please help my people, the poor and the downtrod. I thought we were all children of God."

I love it that Disney wasn't afraid to have Esmerelda's song in Hunchback because it really is inspiring and eye opening. It reminds me to think about everybody, not just those close around me. I need to remember to embrace those who are lost and broken, and be with them as if they were family, because we are all children of God.

14. "Hercules"- "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the side of his heart."

In the end our friendships and family make us to be the best person we can be. If we learn to love, even our enemies only them can we be our own true hero.

15. "Atlantis"- "When you hit bottom, the only place let to go is up."

Things in life might knock you down. This quote lets me know to never stay down and to get back up, because that's the only place to go.

16. "Brother Bear"- "Tell everybody I'm on my way! And I'm loving every step I take!"

Koda sings this as he takes off on a journey. As stated earlier, life is a journey so make sure to love each new step and smile for life!

17. "Tangled"- "And when I promise something I never EVER break that promise."

Tangled is my favorite Disney Princess movie, so it was really hard to find the right quote. I love so many of them, but I settled on this. Underneath the story plot of Flynn and Rapunzel chasing their dreams, it's about a promise to each other. When someone can keep a promise it means a lot about their character. So next time remember to follow up on that pinky promise.

18." Frozen"- "True love is putting someone else before you."

Yup, our beloved snowman speaks the truth. When you love someone it's easy to put aside your needs and tend to the person you care for.

19. "Zootopia"- "No matter what kind of person you are, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you."

This movie was great and also had so many great quotes to share, but I just get one. I love watching this movie, because of it's social commentary. I learned a lot from it and really hope that other did too. It's a pretty obvious quote, but one that everybody should hear.

Disney pushes me to be the best person I can be, inside and out. It taught me to be kind and love others, just as I wish to be treated. I strive to make peoples days and make the world a better place. I know the world we live in isn't a magical Disney movie where everything gets better when you sing a song. But this world can get better each time we decide to smile, be happy and kind to others. Disney has a lot to teach, so maybe go back through you're VHS tapes and re-watch them. You just might pick up a few things you didn't as a child.