Taking 18 Credits In College As Told By Riverdale

Emotional, angsty high school teens representing your utter exasperation

247

At mostly every school there is a maximum amount of credits you can take for the tuition price. There are various reasons as to why a student is taking the maximum, which is 18 at my college, including: double majoring, trying to get more classes finished before a certain point, completing a minor, etc. The characters of Riverdale are in high school (despite looking like they can be seniors in college) and emit a lot of emotions in the show. I think their dramatics can truly highlight how me or other students feel about this course load.

Lacking a social life

While everyone is grabbing food or going out with friends, you'll just be studying and working (and crying). Just look forward to breaks and the end of the semester!

Good ole priorities

What's more important: homework? Sleep? Sanity? Having fun? Plus, is there even time to be a part of organizations on campus?

Is interning even possible?

When you have too much on your plate because you're trying to take every class to eventually graduate and then get a job... but then you don't have time to get an internship which will also help you get a job. Oh man!

Multiple deadlines... on one day

Sometimes you won't even realize there are three essays, two readings, and an exam on the same date until a couple of days before. Pro tip: make a schedule of the whole semester before things get too crazy.

"Will I make it?"

This is a constant fear and you wonder if there will ever be a time that everything piles up and it's too much. Negativity makes you stuck in the prison that is your mind. You can do it!

A new level of exhaustion

The amount of work you have either makes you: 1) never be able to sleep, 2) so exhausted that for some reason you can't even fall asleep, 3) constantly try to go to bed and keep remembering things you have to do.

Trying to calculate if this was a good choice

Yes, taking this much credits will help you in the future, but is it a good choice for the present?

No such things as weekends

Pictured above: your 18 credit load smashing any hope of you having a free and fun weekend.

Staying positive and focused

Sometimes classes, homework, and lengthy assignments can have negative effects, but if you see the positive side to it, everything will be okay! Think of everything you are learning and how much closer you are to success.

You'll get through it

Taking 18 credits isn't the end of the world and it's only for one semester. Before you know it, it'll be another semester of easier course loads or finally being done with college. There is always a brighter side to something that causes hard choices in your life. Just remember to breathe!