17 Things You Learn When Living In London

Despite everything, it's pretty much the bollocks.

110
Ming Jun Tan

Ever dreamed of living in London? Never been there before? Well, fear not, reader because these are 17 simple things you will learn when living in London. So grab a pint, sit back and learn. Cheers.

1. You will feel really American for your first couple weeks.

Seriously, you're just walking down the street and you're like, "Oh my god even the way I walk is American."

2. You're lazy and won't go to the shops until you really have to.

The local shop is three blocks away and you're too lazy to walk, but you'll feel even worse if you take the bus, so you don't go at all. Problem solved.

3. When going to a club, pre-game beforehand and then buy one drink at the actual club.

I am helping you out here. Being able to buy drinks is cool and all until your bank account really starts feeling it.

4. A night at the pub with friends is better than any night spent at the club.

For some reason, its almost like talking to your friends over a pint is better than being grabbed by 50-year-old men at a club ?!?!?

5. There are cuter guys on Tinder when you're abroad.

Maybe its the fact that you know they have an accent. Maybe its that British guys are just plain hot. Maybe its Maybelline.

6. The slang will still sound weird even when you're surrounded by it.

Not exactly British slang, but we all love Harry Styles so its okay.

7. People you meet will ALWAYS ask you what you think of British people.

They are so interested and they always laugh at what you say, even if its insulting.

8. You will never actually know the conversion rates of money.

I still don't know how many dollars that equals, but I know its more than I want it to be.

9. It doesn't matter where you go because at some point you will still end up hating your life.

These things are just inevitable. Luckily, it'll only be for like a day instead of for your entire existance like it usually is.

10.Chocolate digestives sound gross but are actually the best thing you can ever have in your entire life, dead serious.

You thought cookie monster was American? Nah.

11. You will feel undeniably poor, but in the best way.

The gif says it all.

12. The tube and bus systems are everything you wanted and didn't know you needed in a transportation system.

Its clean. Its fast. It doesn't smell like pee. What a gift to the world.

13. You're either a Waitrose person or a Sainsbury person, but you're always the person with a reusable bag.

You don't wanna be a Kevin. Never be a Kevin.

14. Primrose Hill at night.

Not exactly the same view, but you get the point.

15. Winter Wonderland is the most expensive wonderland I have ever been to but a quite unique experience. A must go.

Yes, there is ice skating.

16. You'll never truly know your potential until you go and put yourself out there.

You can't live in what's safe and comfortable your whole life. Take a risk. Make a change.

17. When a person is tired of London, they are tired of life.

The greatest city on earth.