16 Thoughts Every Retail Worker Has on Black Friday

28
Talking Biz News

Black Friday: Its the ironic time of year where millions of people dash to retail stores during the wee hours of the morning to spend hundreds on the best deals, right after celebrating a holiday centered around giving thanks. Black Friday is a time for sales, shopping and bargains for most, unfortunately for those of us that work in retail, it is absolute hell.

Here are just a few thoughts every retail worker experiences on Black Friday.

1. Please don't sass me, I've been here since 4 AM.

2. No, that shirt is not on sale, and no I can't make it on sale.

3. Do I really need this job?

4. I should ask my boss for a raise later because I'm not getting paid enough to deal with this woman complaining about her in-laws.

5. I should be at home right now eating leftover turkey and mashed potatoes.

6. I wonder if any of these people know that we'll have the same discounts going on next week.

7. I promise we have sales all year around.

8. No, you can't return that jacket you've worn without a receipt or a tag and I didn't make the policy to determine that.

9. Why is she so mind blown that we don't do gift wrapping? I'd mess up wrapping the gift anyway.

10. At least Christmas is coming soon.

11. We've been playing Christmas music for two days and I'm already tired of hearing Mariah Carey's voice.

12. What was on this table again? I actually forgot what we're supposed to keep here.

13. Do I really have to fold these?

14. Why do you need an additional discount on a shirt that is already 80% off?

15. Has anyone here contemplated the starving children around the world?

16. These people need Jesus.

Ultimately Black Friday for the retail workers on the other side of shopping are coping with a lot of stress. Give someone in retail a high five this year!