16 Stages of Starting a New Show

16 Stages of Starting a New Show

Game of Thrones Edition

40
16 Stages of Starting  a New Show
Gladson Xavier

With so many TV shows available on the internet, through Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime, it's sometimes hard to decide which shows to start. Of course, whenever you pose this problem to a friend or coworker, they are more than willing to give a list of shows that they have watched already. This list varies from person to person and the types of show suggestions range from Friends and the Simpsons to Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

1. Excitement

Finally someone mentioned a great show that you haven't watched yet, and they're willing to watch it with you.

2. Expectation

You've heard of this show before and now you finally get to see what the hype was all about.

3. Starting the show

You don't realize what you're getting into until the end of that first episode.

4. Recognizing famous moments

You've seen that GIF somewhere before.

5. Spoilers

If it's a popular show, you've seen way more spoilers than you think

6. Knowledgeable friends

They know so much and just laugh at you when you get attached to characters that die.

7. Foreshadowing

When a friend uses past tense on a character, you know something will happen to them.

8. Predictions

When you think you know what may happen to a character or the way the story might go.

9. Season finale

You reach the end of a season, the first huge cliff hanger. Hopefully, you don't have to wait long to see the next season.

10. Binge watching

10 episodes in one day, a season in a weekend, no sweat.

11. True predictions

When you get far enough into a show, you start to learn the patterns of the writers, and sometimes you can guess correctly what they will do next.

12. Unforeseen deaths

Just when you think you know what will happen, a plot twist turns everything around.

13. Reaching the end

When there's no more to watch, all that's left is to wait and make theories.

14. Waiting for the next episode

The anticipation, the lack of patience.

15. Admitting you're obsessed

You have all of the merchandise. All of it.

16. Showing your friends

Now that you've fallen in love with this show, it's time to share it with others.