15 Reasons UT Needs To Give USC Absolute Hell This Weekend

Make Texas football great again

349
Sports Illustrated

This rivalry dates back to the 2006 Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. The two teams had both been undefeated, creating a lot of tension on the field. Renowned as the greatest college football championship game of all time, the hype surrounding this weekend's upcoming game shouldn’t be a surprise. Longhorn and Trojan fans all over the country are going absolutely crazy. Times have changed though. Both teams have lost some extremely valuable players. Texas no longer has Vince Young and USC no longer has Reggie Bush. This week, USC is ranked the 4th best team in the country. Unfortunately, UT didn’t make the cut for rankings this week. Nonetheless UT can win; UT NEEDS to win. So Longhorns, show 'em what you got. Give 'em hell!

1. UT won the Rose Bowl back in '06

We need to show USC that we still have what it takes. They'll for sure play their hardest in attempts to seek revenge.

2. UT started this season in the most embarrassing way possible: losing to the University of Maryland.

3. UT just beat San Jose State 56-0.

There's a chance of a winning streak!

4. Beating USC is just another reason for the tower to be lit orange.

You know, for those spending this weekend in Austin.

5. Longhorn fans spent a ridiculous amount of money on airfare to get to LA.

Please don't disappoint! I'm a college student on a budget here!

6. Not to mention the price of the game ticket itself.

Again Texas, PLEASE don't disappoint.

7. Speaking of expenses…hey Californians, stop moving to Austin and raising the prices of EVERYTHING!

We get it, Austin is amazing and all, but stay where you are.

8. Let's show improvement in our defensive line by not letting USC QB, Sam Darnold, score.

9. Most USC students don’t even know the meaning behind their hand sign.

10. New head coach, Tom Herman, needs a win as big as this to keep fans' faith in the team.

11. Did I forget to mention Tom Herman is from California?

12. Weirdly enough, USC's head coach, Clay Helton, went to high school and college in Texas.

#texasforever

13. USC already had it's moment of glory in the 2017 Rose Bowl against Penn State.

14. After the tragedy of Hurricane Harvey, Texans need a reason to stay hopeful.

15. It's time for the title of "Champion" to return to UT.

For God's sake, we are Texas football. We're legendary.