18 Moments Frugal Shoppers Have At The Store

Why buy this, when I can just make it?

21
Crowd Controller

If you weren't as privileged to buy every single item you've ever wanted, I'm sure, like many others, you've gone through your teen years – or even until now – being as frugal as possible when it came to shopping. Throughout time, many even get a rush out of knowing how many bargains they've gotten and how well they've saved their money. Let's take a look at 18 moments all frugal shoppers share in common during their visit at the store!

1. Going straight to the clearance section when entering the store.

Mission begins...now!

2. Discovering a cute item in hopes of actually buying it, then checking the price tag and immediately dying on the inside while backing off and walking away like you never saw it in the first place.

Ugh, WHY?

3. Trying to feel better by telling yourself it wasn't worth it anyway.

It wasn't "$50 cute," and the material wasn't that good anyway!

4. When an employee thinks you're trying to steal something from taking too long looking at one section when you really do take that long to decide because you're mentally calculating price combinations.

So many cute things! This is going to add up quickly...

5. Teasing yourself from looking through the higher-priced clothing section just so the employees won't think you're being too frugal, despite knowing you won't buy anything there.

Whispering aloud to self: "Ooh, this is cute – [small gasp] this one too!"

In head: "[Small gasp] $60? For a piece of string? No, no, no – get away from me. I'm dying – WHY?

6. Teasing yourself even more by trying on the clothes you picked out for fun and only for fun.

But how is it any fun if you aren't even going to buy it?

7. Pretending to say the clothes went well after trying them on when the sales lady asks just so you'll look open to buying a few things.

OK, now it's time to put them back to where I got them.

8. Imagining various scenarios of when you'd wear that clothing item and how many outfit combinations you can make before deciding whether or not to buy it.

Yes...yes...no...

9. Waffling about buying the items you're holding, all while continuing to casually browse around the store in order not to look like you're troubled by the prices.

Careful decisions are necessary, OK?

10. Holding onto a bunch of things you like, only to end up buying less than half of it or none at all.

You go, girl!

11. Having to sacrifice only getting one or the other out of the things you picked out rather than buying everything.

Should I just get this, too?

12. When you plan to use something only for an event, then returning it after the event is over.

What? It's still in perfect condition!

13. Trying to add as many coupons as possible or asking for any type of discount possible:

"Do you have student discount? Military discount? Kama'aina (local) discount? Senior citizen discount?"

14. Planning to buy something you actually need, then changing your mind at the store because you can "save the money and live without it," then getting back home wishing you bought it because you really do need it.

(How dare the frugal voices in my head trick me! I went to the store for a reason!)

15. When in the grocery store, going for the more affordable in-store brand rather than the name brand.

It's only the packaging that's different, right? (Not for Pop Tarts! You can't beat Pop Tarts!)

16. Taking advantage of on-sale grocery items.

Hurry! That price is going to change by tomorrow!

17. Having a good rush after walking out the store knowing you stuck to your budget and only got what you know you'll use and need.

Good job, me!

18. Going back to the same clothing store and feeling proud of your self-discipline when you find out the regular priced item you really wanted but didn't get is now on sale!

Yes, yes, yes – get it!