The Life Of A College Student, As Told By The Cast Of 'Friends'

No one told you life was gonna be this way, but 'Friends' can always help.

301
tvguide.com, Liz Raftery

Despite it airing in the 1990s, Friends has earned a rightful reputation as a timeless TV show that every young adult can relate to. Though all extremely different in their personalities, all of the friends (mostly Chandler Bing, if I’m being honest) are representative of the wide range of emotions college students experience. Therefore, here are 16 moments in friends that demonstrate the feelings all college students undergo.

1. When finals are getting closer and you’re trying to hold yourself together.

You're really at your breaking point.

2. Sometimes, you're so tired, even doing the bare minimum feels like hard work.

You're just taking a well deserved break, not procrastinating...right?

3. When your friends want to do something fun off campus, but you remember you're broke college students now.

I have, like, $5 in my wallet.

4. When you realize how much work you have to do.

I know it's been on the syllabus, but I'm still overwhelmed.

5. When the material on the final is nothing like the material you studied and suddenly you feel like you're writing your GPA's death sentence.

Why even make a study sheet?

6. When a professor tries to hold you in class longer than they're supposed to.

"The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do."

7. Seeing couples all over campus and remembering how single you are.

Remember when I said Chandler is the most relatable friend?

8. When colder weather comes around, and you need to bundle up just to make it to class.

How far away is summer?

9. Going into all new classes and having none of your friends be in them.

Maybe it's just a shy person thing, but I imagine it's at least a little nerve-wracking for everyone.

10. When it's break and you can finally relax.

Sometimes, you just need to take time for yourself, and what better time to do that than on break?

11. When your friends from home have a different break than you and go back to school before you.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still enjoy my time off from school. But I really wish my friends had the same break as me.

12. Constantly wondering if you've made the right choice in a major.

To those of you who have always known what you wanted to do, I truly admire you.

13. When you're just having a really bad day, and nothing seems to be going right.

Technically, this isn't just a college student feeling, but it was too relevant not to include.

14. You're so tired, all you want to do is sleep, but you know you can't.

One nap can't hurt, right?....Yeah, it absolutely can hurt. No, I can't do that.

15. Being afraid to check your grades, because if you studied and didn't do well, you'll feel even worse.

Hopefully, you can get some extra credit if you need it!

16. You're really missing your friends from school when you're on break, but you love getting to see your friends from home again.

It's been too long since you last saw them.

Through the ups and downs of college, there's a relatable Friends moment to explain exactly how you're feeling. Whether your job is a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A., or all three combined, Friends (and your friends in real life) will be there for you.