The 15 Species Of Snapchatters We All Encounter

It is guaranteed that everyone has one of each of these on their Snapchat feed.

32
Snapchat

We all have Snapchat and let’s face it, we all have some pretty annoying people that clutter up our feed. Although there are many different ways to present yourself on the snap, we all seem to do some of the same things. I can assure you, you have one friend for each of these on your Snapchat feed.

1. The Storyteller

The storyteller is the snapchatter that goes to Snapchat to rant. Any and every time something dramatic happens in their life, they have to tell the story on the Snap. It can be about the most minuscule issue that just irks them so much that they need to take it to the story or something exciting and brag-worthy like getting Chick-Fil-A. The storyteller may come in two forms. Some tell their stories in vlog form and some tell their stories in black screen form, which brings me to #2.

2. The Black Screen Queen

The black screen queen is a storyteller that tells their whole life story on a black screen. The black screen queen is ranting 95 percent of the time and tells the story in 23 different snaps on the same black screen. They may also be known as a novelist, since watching their stories is almost like reading a book. They include a plotline and a resolution and everything.

3. The Alcoholic

The alcoholic is drunk every night, whether it's a weekend or weeknight. They are the life of the party at night but when morning hits, they look like they’ve been hit in the face a couple of times with a baseball bat. You best believe, they will still post a “morning after” selfie when they wake up. Make sure to watch these stories at night because by the time morning hits, these snaps will be deleted. Snappers will not admit to being an alcoholic, but are they really an alcoholic or are they just a freshman?

4. The DJ

This snapper will be the DJ of your night, whether you want them to be or not. They will sometimes use a black screen with the words “in my feelings” or “mood” while they play a slow ballad but if they want to make things interesting, they’ll film the road as they drive at night, while blasting their car radio. They will film every song that plays during their drive from work to home. Little do they know, everyone skips through their whole story.

5. The Artist

These are the photographers that will take a picture of a leaf with the sunlight hitting it at just the right angle to create the perfect sparkle. They will take a picture of three rain droplets on a window, but they will not be thinking about which drop will win the race to the bottom of the window, these snappers will think about how it would make a perfect element to their Snapchat story.

6. The Kylie Jenner

The Kylie Jenner is always in the car. No one ever knows where they are going but they are always going somewhere. In the car, they like to take, what I like to call a “videelfie” (vid-ee-elf-ee). I call it this because it is a video selfie. It's a selfie while making the slightest movements. A Kylie Jenner snapper may play music that is slow and sensual or it can be something like trap, or rap depending on the mood. A Kylie Jenner snapper always has perfect lighting and a perfectly manicured finger to wag at the camera. They can lip sync to the song or just stare at the camera and look cute.

7. The Workout Selfieographer

The workout selfieographer works out every day, but do they really? As much as I want to believe so, part of me just believes that they go to the gym and take their daily photoshoot and then leave. The world may never know.

8. The DJ Khaled

The DJ Khaled snapper will film their whole day for you. You learn every little detail about their day to day routine, from meals to hobbies. Viewers love the DJ Khaled snapper because it is almost like watching a reality television show. You learn about and become attached to all the characters in that person’s life even though you don’t actually know those people. The DJ Khaled snapper may become a movie maker one day because their stories are 1,000,000,000,000 seconds long.

9. The Concert Junkie

These snappers go to concerts all the time. They will snap every song of the concert like it’s a live concert documentary. These snappers do not realize that watching the concert through a little screen is not the same as being there in person. Most people skip through the whole story. One or two songs is enough to let us know that you are there.

10. The Random Snapper

These snappers will snap you pictures of random objects. It can be something like a monopoly board and the text would say “I won” which leaves you wondering how this is relevant to you. They will put it on their story and send it to a group of friends. This is not something to complain about, though, because these people are boosting your snap score and they make you feel good knowing that they’re thinking about you throughout the day. These random snaps are great conversation starters!

11. The Foodie

This person is a gourmet chef or an avid restaurant-goer. They take the most artsy pictures of anything from sandwiches to Starbucks Frappuccinos. They know how to get the perfect lighting and angles and will post for every meal of the day. Not everyone is the perfect food photographer, though. Some foodies only want to post to show you what they are eating and don’t really care about the artsy side of it. These people will post their Kraft Mac and Cheese, or so you think, but don't know for sure because they took the photo in the worst lighting. These people will still post for every meal, though.

12. The Cat Lady

The cat is the star of this person’s life. They are always in the person’s story. The cat can also be used if you are having a conversation with someone through Snapchat and you do not look presentable. All you need to do is take a picture of your cat or dog when replying to the other person’s selfies. It’s not like you’re taking pictures of anything uninteresting. You’re taking pictures of something cute and the receiver of the snap will enjoy it much more than your “I woke up like this” face.

13. The Zoomer

Nobody likes a zoomer. This person always posts embarrassing videos of their friends that start out far away but then zooms in as close as possible. We have all been victims.

14. The Filterer

This person has just found out how to use the special effects on Snapchat, so now they have a 600-second video of them puking rainbows and shooting hearts out of their eyes.

15. The Weatherman

The weatherman will wake up in the morning and post a selfie outside that either says “It’s a beautiful day today” with the temperature on it, or one that says “not feelin’ today” while showing clouds or below freezing temperatures. The snappers are life savers because you don’t need to check the weather before you leave the house, you just need to watch their story.

I hope nobody on my Snapchat feed is offended by this because I am actually 98 percent of these. With that being said, everybody should follow me on Snapchat. My name is kelcookiedoe.