15 Things I Wish I Could Tell A Younger Version Of Myself

Dear little me...

239
little ones.

1. People come and go.

No matter how much you love them, sometimes they will leave. You will leave someone you love as well. Don't blame it on yourself, or him, or her. This doesn't mean you have to stop loving them, you still will, but sometimes in a different way, and I am proud of you.

2. Be nice to your mother.

Whether you realize it or not, she is your best friend, your rock, and you're going to go through the good and the bad times. She won't always know what to say, but she has experienced a lot more than you. She is always going to be on your side, but she is also going to tell you when you have screwed up and help you fix your mistakes. She will tell you to think with your head, and love with your heart, and I promise you can never say "Thank you" or "I love you" too much.

3. You are a beautiful human inside and out.

Confidence is not always easy, but you should have it. You are such a strong and independent person, that knows exactly what you want.. most of the time. You are motivated, and always know when it is time to flip the switch and get into a better mood. Because let's face it-- you suck at being sad.

4. Learn how to say "no."

Being the older you and telling you this now, I'll be honest with you, you still suck at this. You are always a little bit too nice, a little too generous, and sometimes saying no won't hurt. Stay charming, stay kind, but also continue to be your sassy self.

5. Write your blog, don't hesitate. They will be fun to read when you get older.

I mean, you don't have to, but it is so much more entertaining reading what the 14 year old you once thought.

6. Sing your heart out.

Lyrics are always going to be a big part of you. They explain how you feel when you are happy, sad, confused, or even mad. Keep reading them and enjoying them, but just because lyrics mean so much to you, doesn't mean someone else tweeting them means anything.. do not waste your time overthinking that.

7. You have emotions. It is going to be OK.

Yup, once you hit college everything starts coming. It was fun while you didn't seem to have any, and it made life a h*ll of a lot easier. But with age comes you emotions and some days they are going to be worse than others. It is not a bad thing, remember how you thought you were heartless, it gets better. Let yourself cry, let yourself scream, let yourself laugh until you cry! So important: Bottling up your emotions will only lead to a bigger meltdown!

8. Popularity means nothing.

Don't let people bring you down, you will find your friend group and realize why it never worked with any other group. Those friends that you have come to settle down with, is so worth the wait because now you will be stuck with them for a lifetime.

9. Say "Thank you."

Momma taught you with mad respect for others. Hold the door open, pay it forward, and let the people in your life know that you appreciate them.

10. Tell your parents you love them.

You have always been pretty good at that. They give you so much, they never fail to get you what you want, even if it takes a little longer than you wanted. They make it happen and be thankful for that. No matter how annoyed you may get at them or how big of a fight you get into, never let a day go by without telling them you love them.

11. Follow your heart.

Do what makes you happy, not everyone will believe in your dreams, but if your heart is telling you to go for it, don't hesitate. Trust your instincts and do what is right for you.

12. Nothing lasts forever.

Everything comes to and end, whether it is good or bad times, high school, college, or your first job. All the struggles you have to go through will make you stronger than the end. And I promise it is all going to be worth it.

13. Save your money.

Your bank account can go from $5,000 to zero real quick. Save, save, save college is not cheap and you definitely didn't pick the cheap route. But, have fun, and put some fun spending money aside every week, you'll get through it and learn from your mistakes.

14. Ask for help.

You have a wonderful family and wonderful friends. They always have your back and you do not have to go through anything alone. Asking for help does not make you weak. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do for yourself is ask for help.

15. Your siblings are your best friends.

No matter what you all go through, you are family, and they will love you because they really don't have a choice anyway. Some of us are closer than others, but a text and call away makes it a little bit easier. Text and call them randomly, and over use I love you.