15 Things "How I Met Your Mother" Teaches Us About Friendship

Wait for it...

11

Whether it's coming to your rescue in the middle of the night after a boy has broken your heart, or just wordlessly sitting in a parked car drinking slurpees, true friends are those that are meant to stay in your life. "How I Met Your Mother" features five friends journeying through life, and here are 15 lessons we can learn from their journey.

1. True friends will tell you the truth, no matter how much it hurts.

2. They love you for who you are, regardless of your quirks.

3. They know when you're having a bad day and will do anything to cheer your up.

4. Your friends will stick by you, even when they know you’re about to make a terrible decision.

5. They give you a heads up when something big is about to happen.

6. When it looks like everyone is deserting, it's always easy to tell who your true friends are because they are the ones still by your side.

7. Need someone to confide in? They won't tell a soul.

8. They hate the same people you do, even if it is for dumb reasons.

9. They always have your back.

10. They push you to your limits.

11. They go along with your ideas, no matter how stupid.

12. They sympathize with your problems.

13. You wonder if your thoughts are somehow connected.

14. Sometimes they just can't help it and steal your thunder.

15. But at the end of the day, they'll stick by you, no matter what.