15 Things A Girl Should Master Before She's 20

When push comes to shove, you have to show people what you're made of.

120003

We all dream about what our lives will be like when we finally turn 20.

Once we turn the big 2-0, there are about 15 things that us girls should know how to do. If you want to be a successful, independent, badass woman, this list will definitely help you out.

So, let's get started. You should be able to do the following things:

1. Own up to your mistakes

We all have our faults, but when you know you messed up, own up to it.

2. Learn to receive constructive criticism positively

We're not perfect. If friends and family give their input, just listen. They're trying to help.

3. Have a bomb signature

Signing your name is a mundane task, but leaving your mark looks good. Plus, boldly signing your name on a receipt for something you probably shouldn't have bought will definitely feel better.

4. Be able to forgive

Holding on to grudges does nothing but fill you up with negativity and resentment. Forgive and let go. 9 times out of 10, holding that grudge is not worth losing your best friend.

5. Tell a guy off

Come on girls, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Tell him how you feel. Stop being so nice. You don't need that negativity in your life.

6. Stand up for yourself

I understand it is easier said than done, but when push comes to shove, you have to show people what you're made of. At this point, letting others walk over you is just dumb.

7. Put on winged eyeliner

Hopefully, all of us have moved on from putting eyeliner in our waterlines. Hopefully, we have moved on to bigger and better things.

8. Be able to cook at least one meal (well)

It doesn't have to gourmet, but at least be able to make something for yourself. Even it's just breakfast.

9. Write a professional email

This is such an important one. No one is going to be able to take you seriously if you still use emojis in your emails.

10. Have a killer handshake (no dainty princess crap)

Having a good handshake isn't just for guys; this one is for us, too! Your handshake is one of the first things people notice about you, so make it a good one.

11. Make yourself a cup of coffee

If you have a Keurig, don't worry; this one isn't very tricky at all!

12. Take care of your body

As we get older, our metabolisms slow down and our lives get busier. Instead of doing what's convenient and easy, really think about what you are putting into your body. Stay active. Your body will appreciate it.

13. Do your own laundry and iron

If you still don't know how to do this, we have a problem. This is an essential skill. Don't let you mom do it for you!

14. Take a good picture

We've all been there. Taking a pic for your friends and then having to do it again. By now, you should have this skill mastered, too. Plus, you have to do it for the mems, right??

15. Live life with a positive attitude

Life is short. Let go of the negativity. Be grateful for what you have in life. Live life with a smile on your face.

Alright girls, do you know how to do these 15 things? If not, it's time to learn. You got this!