15 Things To Do With Your Friends This Christmas Season

"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear..."

592
Everyday Health

Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, or neither, the holiday season can still be a time for family and friends. Gathering together by the fire, cozying up with a good movie, and spreading the holiday cheer is fun no matter what.

Here are a few of the ways that I like to bring on the spirit of the season and enjoy some time off from college with my friends and family.

1. Christmas Movie Marathons

Between Elf, Home Alone, A Christmas Story, and so many more, you're going to need multiple nights for this one! Gather up some friends, get all cozy in some Christmas pajamas, and enjoy all the holiday classics.

2. Ice Skating

If you're as un-athletic as me, I feel for you on this one! However, it can't hurt to try it. Get bundled up and go, and before you know it, you'll basically be a professional.

3. Baking Christmas Cookies

Don't be afraid to get your hands a little messy and get baking! There are so many different kinds of cookies that you can make, so why not try out them all.

4. Cookie Exchanges

In relation to the previous suggestion, sometimes as "broke college kids" we can't always afford to get everyone the gifts we had in mind. BUT, don't fret! I'm sure any of your friends or family members would enjoy some homemade treats.

5. Wrap Gifts Together

Gather up all of your friends and get wrapping. Put on your favorite Christmas songs and the time will go by faster than you know.

6. Photo Shoots

Time to put on those over the knee boots, sweaters, and tights and take some cute photos in front of all of the holiday decorations.

7. Hot Chocolate Dates

Unfortunately along with the winter comes the cold so it's important to stay warm.

8. Secret Santa

To save yourself from having to buy a gift for 20+ of your friends this season, organize a secret Santa gift exchange. Not only will this save you money in the long run, but it is also a fun treat to get a gift from someone you love.

9. Drive Around and Check out the Lights

It is safe to say some people go ALL OUT in terms of decorating for the holiday season. Pile all of your friends into your car and take a drive around to check out and appreciate the lights.

10. Make Gingerbread Houses

My personal favorite on the list. Gather a bunch of candy and icing and get decorating. You can even make it a competition to switch things up.

11. Jam out to Some Classic Christmas Carols

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

12. Play in the Snow

You are never too old for this. Get all bundled up and head out to make some snow angels and snowmen.

13. Decorate the house/dorm

Even if you are on a budget, practically every store has inexpensive and cute decorations to make your room/house a bit more festive.

14. Black Friday Shopping

The best way to snag all the deals when shopping for gifts is to wake up bright and early (or for that matter, stay up all night) and go Black Friday shopping with some friends.

15. Enjoy Time Together

In all sincerity, the best part of the holiday season is getting to cherish time spent with all of your loved ones together. Rarely is everyone home at the same time enjoying simple moments with one another, but this is one of them. Enjoy it!