15 Things All December Babies Know ALL Too Well

"Oh, that must suck."
2523

1. "Merry Birthmas!"

Hmm, it actually seems like when your birthday was close to St. Patrick's Day I didn't go around saying "Happy Saint Birthday's!" so maybe just let my birthday be its own event, okay?

2. So. Many. Indoor. Birthday. Parties.

All of your summer friends were having pool parties and outdoor fun, and you were forced to come up with fun indoor games that wouldn't make your friends want to leave.

3. You're constantly told how bad December birthdays must suck

*Tells someone my birthday*

"Oh, that must be terrible"

4. Combined gifts

Just no. I'd like two, please. I understand that Jesus' birthday is kind of outshining mine but work with me.

5. Having at least 3 friends not be able to celebrate with you because of the holidays

Or not being able to come because they're "saving up for the holidays".

6. But, you do get a LOT of gifts within a few weeks of each other

You pretty much get an entire year's worth of gifts in one month, which is very nice.

7. But figuring out what you want for your birthday is hard because you have to ask for gifts that apply to all of the seasons

A bathing suit seems like an odd gift in the dead of winter, but when everyone is getting new swimwear during their convenient summer birthdays, you'll be missing out.

8. Going out on your birthday is a nightmare because it's approximately freezing

People really are not interested in celebrating your birthday by going out to the bars when it is -12 degrees and snowing.

9. You gain approximately 10 pounds in the month of December

Your normal Christmas weight combined with a lot of birthday cake (and possibly alcohol) is a recipe for a weight-related New Year's Resolution.

10. You are used to looking forward to pretty much nothing until month number 12

All of the important days are all the way at the end of the year.

11. "All I had was Christmas wrapping paper."

I guess my birthday gifts will just be wrapped in reindeer this year.

12. You may feel bad for yourself, but you feel worse for your mother...

Can you IMAGINE spending the best time of the year almost at full-term with a living child in your body? And THEN having to listen to people say, "wow that must be the best Christmas gift of all!" Yeah, I'm sure agonizing childbirth was what she wanted under the tree this year.

13. ... And for her bank account

Sorry you have to get me everything I want for the entire year in 3 days, mom!

14. You were probably off school for your birthday every year or at least wrapping up

I've personally never had school on my birthday, which is one of my favorite things about my birthday.

15. But in the end, you actually LIKE having your birthday during the most wonderful time of the year

For all of the people who think my birthday is the worst, it is actually just one more thing that truly makes December the most wonderful time of the year.