15 Signs You Have The Right Hair Stylist

It's hard to find that perfect person to do your hair, but once you find them, don't lose them.
1150

I was getting my hair touched up this morning with some fresh color, and as I was sitting in the salon chair I started to think to myself "I found the perfect person to do my hair." I went through multiple stylists before I finally found the perfect one for me. Then it hit me, most people don't know if they've found the right person or not. Today, I'm going to share 15 signs you can look for if you aren't sure if you've found the right person or not.

1. They listen to you

It's always nerve wrecking having someone new do your hair because they've never done it before. It's worse though when you have someone who won't listen to your needs and will do what they want anyway.

2. They communicate with you

They will keep you informed with what they are doing with your hair. You won't ever sit in that chair wondering what the heck they're doing.

3. They make you feel comfortable

As soon as you walk in the door they greet you and offer you coffee. After a while, the salon starts to feel like your home away from home.

4. You're excited to go to the hair salon

You have an early morning appointment, but you don't care because you know you're about to get your hair done.

5. You don't have to say anything

They won't judge you if you don't want to talk to them, but they will still talk to you. Sometimes you don't have to say anything for them to know what's going on.

6. They have your color memorized

As soon as you walk in the door your Stylist instantly knows what color you want and has it mixed up and ready to go.

7. They know what style you like

They know you want to grow your hair, so if you make the comment of cutting it all off they will stop you and talk you out of it. Once they know you 150% want it done, then they will do it.

8. No judgement zone

You can walk into the Hair Salon looking like crap, wearing two different colored socks and no makeup on and they won't judge you. Trust me, they wish they could walk into work looking like that too.

9. Lots, and I mean LOTS of laughter

You can't go 30 minutes without laughing at each other. Whether it be at something someone said or at other clients in the Salon, you can't stop laughing.

10. Time flies by

For an average hair color for me, it takes roughly 2 to 2.5 hours, but at the end of it, I feel like I've been there for 30 minutes.

11. You trust them with anything

You can tell your Stylist to do whatever they want with your hair because you trust them with anything, literally. If they have an idea of how to make your hair look better you just tell them to go for it.

12. You can talk about anything

You can literally talk about anything that ranges from work problems to conversations that probably shouldn't be discussed in the Hair Salon.

13. They aren't just your stylist, they're your friend

You text your Stylist when you want to make an appointment and then afterwards just talk to her like normal. Your Stylist knows everything about you, they might as well be your friend too.

14. They know your life story

Depending on how long you've had your Stylist for, they probably know your life story and if they don't, then they are about to find out.

15. They are simply perfect

Everything they do is simply perfect. From their personality to their styling skills, you wouldn't want anyone else to do your hair. It's hard to find that perfect person, but once you find them, don't lose them.