My best friend and I have been attached at the hip since the sixth grade, and while I was excited to leave for college, I was not excited to say goodbye to her. A relationship with a best friend is like nothing else. They are your person, and I wasn't looking forward to not being able to see one of my favorite people everyday. While at times it was hard to be apart, we were able to grow as people this year, and come back as better versions of ourselves. We were blessed with a good year, but are thankful to be back for a little while. Here are some things that may have occurred if you and your best friend were in the same boat.
1. You got the grand tour of their dorm room (via Skype).
2. You most definitely have a snap streak going on Snapchat since that's the main way you're able to see what the other is doing day to day
3. Those Snapchats most definitely include hot boys you see on campus.
4. Skyping for “just a little bit” turns into a 3 hour conversation, despite having tons of homework.
5. You basically know each other’s roommates because you have seen them on Skype so many times.
6. You cheer for their football team...unless they're playing yours.
7. You follow all of their new friends on Instagram (that’s not weird, right?).
8. You have heard of all the good food places in their college town and have been ordered to come visit, specifically just to try that food.
9 .When you come home for breaks, you're excited to see your family, but want to go see your best friend as soon as possible!
10. If they got a good grade (or a really bad one) you know it.
11. You still get pictures captioned “Should I wear this or this?”
12. You send nostalgic old pictures and videos to each other on the regular.
13. You have to visit each other at least once during the school year!
14. You still edit their Instagram photos for them (or maybe that’s just us...).
15. Even though you don’t see each other every day, when you get to see each other, you pick up right where you left off.