10 Reasons Why You Should Be An Orioles Fan

If you're not already, it's time to start.

263

1. Camden Yards

Camden Yards is one of, if not, the best stadium in all of baseball. From the Baltimore skyline, to the B&O Warehouse backdrop, Orioles Park is the most unique and beautiful place to watch a game.

2. Dedicated Fans

No one can call an Orioles fan a fair weather fan. Up until recently, the Orioles were consistently one of the worst teams in baseball. Prior to 2012, the Orioles hadn't made the playoffs since 1997. In 2014, the Orioles won the division for the first time since '97 as well. However, even through the rough years, fans still donned the black and orange to support the O's. Fans cheer for walks, errors, and home-runs all the same, as long as it's in their favor.

3. The Oriole Bird

The Oriole Bird is by far the best mascot in all of baseball.

4. Natty Boh

Not many teams have a beer specific to their stadium. Nothing goes better with an Orioles game then a cold can of Natty Boh.

5. Shouting "O" during the National Anthem

Others may think it's disrespectful, but I think it's the correct way to do it. Shouting "O" during the National Anthem is the only way to show your support for your team! Francis Scott Key wrote it in Baltimore Harbor, and I'm sure he had the city's future sports team in mind.

6. Buck Showalter

Although he never smiles, Buck is one of the best managers in baseball today. Ever since he came to Baltimore, the Orioles luck has changed. Hopefully he can lead us to a World Series win!

7. The Yankees are just the worst.

The Orioles are in the same division as the Yankees, and the Yankees are our rivals. I don't care if you have won the most World Series, let me celebrate when the Orioles kick the Yankees' asses. The Orioles work hard for championships... and the Yankees just buy them.

8. Black and Orange

Nothing looks cooler than a stadium filled with people clad in orange and black.

9. Our players are the best

Orioles fans have an emotional attachment to our players. We win, lose, celebrate, and cry with the team. From our Hall of Famers to our current roster, Orioles fans are dedicated to anyone who played well as an Oriole.

10. The Orioles are the best.

The Baltimore Orioles are the greatest professional sports team to ever play on planet Earth. It's just an understood fact.