15 Reasons Why You Should Date A Southern Girl

Southern girls will rock your world and impress your Mama.

2980

The south has a lot to offer, and if you find the right girl, you might just end up staying! My county has a saying: a place to visit, a place to love, a place to live. So if you are still looking for the right place to live, and the right girl for you, here are 15 reasons you should date a southern girl, especially if she is from North Carolina.

1. Southern Accents

N.C. accents are actually quite cute. Southern belles with a drawl will keep a smile on your face!

2. The Sayings

The endless country sayings will have you laughing on the floor, and you will probably end up using a few yourself.

3. Family Recipes

Date a girl who has the secret pie recipe from her grandmother. At a young age, girls are taught that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

4. Beach or Mountains, Take Your Pick

One of the great things about North Carolina is that you can turn a weekend into a quick vacation to either the mountains or the beach! Both are just a few hours away, and are perfect day trip dates.

5. Sporting Events

Here in the south, we go crazy over our football, baseball, and basketball games. We go all out! It isn't an unusual sight to see someone decked out in camo. Also, during football season, Friday night dates are nonexistent. Unless you count watching the game as a date.

6. The Scenery

You don't have to go down the road far until you run into a picturesque sight. Taking the scenic route on a date is a popular and romantic option.

7. Country Music

We sing it and dance to it. Country girls know how to shake it!

8. Charming Manners

Yes mam, no sir, please, and thank you. We know them all and know how to show respect when you bring us home to meet the parents.

9. Family Loyalty

Family ties run deep and when you get involved with a southern girl, just know that you quickly become a part of the family as well.

10. Sugar, Spice, But Not Always Nice

We're cute. We're sweet, but if you push us too far, we take a baseball bat to your truck....Just kidding! But, we aren't scared to let our tempers fly when things are taken too far. Mama didn't raise a pushover.

11. Sweet Tea

Ah, come to the south where the tea is sweet, but the girls are sweeter!

12. Cowgirl Attire Is Cute

Because who doesn't love a girl in boots and a hat?

13. Can Handle The Heat

It gets super hot during the summer, but we know how to handle it and stay cool when you are sweating like a pig.

14. Just Enough Sass

We come with just enough sass to keep you on your toes. Besides, it would be boring if we weren't sassy!

15. She'll Go To Church With You

My favorite thing for a guy to say to me. One of the most important things you can do together as a couple and the hardest part is trying to decide whether you attend yours or her church each Sunday!