MLK was known for his voice and leadership during a time of sacrifice. His words encouraging love and activism still apply to life today. 50 years after his death, we can still hear this quotes read in MLK's voice
1. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"
2. "I have decided to stick to love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
3. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
4. "We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies."
5. "The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important."
6. "Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal"
7. "The ultimate tragedy is not oppression and cruelty by bad people, but the silence over that by good people."
8. "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all of humanity."
9. "There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love."
10. "Every man must decide whether we will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."
11. "If man has not discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live."
12. “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The method of such is the method of love."
13. “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
14. "If I can not do great things, I can do small things in a great way"
15. "Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate; only love can do that."