15 Gifts To Make This Mother's Day Special

Do something a little extra this year

274
Photo by Katie Emslie on Unsplash

Mother's Day is rapidly approaching and if your mother is a fantastic as mine you want to give her something to mirror that. There is always the classic gift-card to make sure she gets what she wants, but there is not really a whole lot of meaning in that. Making something yourself or putting deep thought into a present is cherished so much more than money.

I am in college and because of this my bank account is teetering on empty. If you are in the same boat I have a few solutions in order to still give your mom a memorable mother's day!

1. Mother's day mug.

2. Make a jar full of 365 reasons why you love your mom.

It doesn't have to be 365 reasons...but just enough to fill a jar, that way she can read words of love when she is having an off day!

3. Her a months' subscription to a clothing website

Clothing websites are so cool and much cheaper than an actual gift card to a store. While it is online shopping you don't have to actually buy the clothes until you get them in the mail, and you can return all clothes to get new ones its like the original Netflix but with clothes! Here are some great websites:

stitchfix

goldentote

infinitestylebyanntaylor

4. Get her a months' subscription to a jewelry website

rocksbox

emma-chloe

switch

5. Get her a subscription to a self-care website

Therabox

Stress Less box

The Bath Benefit box

6. Sign up for a painting class

Though I am the most unartistic person you will ever meet, taking painting classes with people is one of my favorite activities. You can laugh about what you are doing or brag about your mom is she is super artistic. It is a priceless memory to share that costs very little if anything.

7. Do a yoga class together

Yoga is so relaxing and can be so fun when doing with someone you love. Get your mom a break from her crazy world and slow down and do some elaborate stretching together! May not sound like the perfect gift, but I can guarantee it will be appreciated!

8. Treat her to a full day of her favorite activities

If your mom is as hard working as mine, you know she rarely does activities that she actually enjoys with low stress. You know your mom better than me a stranger, so I won't tell you what activities to do, but plan a full day from dawn 'til dusk!

9. Book a spa day

Going along with the previous one, if your mom works hard, get her pampered so she can decompress and live in the lap of luxury for a day. And if you do it with her than you get a nice and relaxing day, so it is a win-win.

10. Hire a photographer

If it has been years since you got pictures of everyone together, Mother's day is the best time to hire a photographer and give her lasting memories of the family. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

11. Check for events nearby

There could be a spring festival near you that would so fun to take your mom too, and springtime is always bustling with festivals and markets and music shows, I am sure you can find something no matter where you are!

12. Buy her a customized gift box

While subscription boxes are fantastic, you can't customize them. Customized gift boxes are fantastic because you can put all your mom's favorite things all together in one box rather than following a theme! Here are some great websites for that:

gratitudecollaborative

vesselbrooklyn

boxfox

13. Make her a picnic

I am sure your mother is used to making you food throughout your entire life, so why don't you make her some food for a change. Spring is a beautiful time of year, so having a picnic outside in a park close by or even in your yard is a fun gift that I know mom's love!

14. Send her a bouquet of flowers or fruit

I am away at school and unfortunately won't be home for this marvelous occasion and if you are in the same boat as me, sending a bouquet of flowers or edible arrangement remotely is perfect. You can still ship another gift, but this minimizes the hassle of trying to ship it at the right time because you can set the exact date you want them to be delivered!

15. Make her a scrapbook

I know this is rather cliché, however, scrapbooks will always be a fantastic gift. Your mother loves you more than life and I am sure if you give her book of all her memories with you or even before you were born, she will adore it! They don't take much time but they are one of the most personal gifts in the world.