15 Female Artists For Your Chilled Day At Home

The dreamiest of girls.
221

Here’s a bunch of talented ladies for your calm day at home! I’ve included a range of 80’s shoegaze girls to the most recent pop artists. No matter your taste, they’re all worth a try and hopefully you see a few of your favorites!

1. Men I Trust

They describe themselves as “indie-dance”, but their slow, calm rhythms make them perfect for relaxing at home. The lead singer’s voice is so soothing you’re gonna have a hard time deciphering whether you’re listening to a dance track or a lullaby.

2. Grimes

Grimes is a self made eclectic pop star who makes impressively innovative electronic music. Her tiny voice and high vocals paired with the synthy artistic melodies are what has made her stand out since 2007. She’s not just Elon Musk’s new goth gf!!

3. Cocteau Twins

A late 90’s band with one of the most incredible female vocalists ever! Super dreamy, dramatic, and ethereal, there’s nothing like the Cocteau Twins. After listening to their discography it’s safe to say they can do no wrong.

4. Julee Cruise

The lady behind the Twin Peaks’ theme, and the rest of the album Floating Into The Night is just as ominously dreamlike as you might expect given her initial claim to fame. If David Lynch is into it, you probably should be, too.

5. Lush

A late 80’s to 90’s shoegaze band from London who give both amazing female vocals and awesome feminist lyrics. It doesn’t matter if you’re just laying in bed it’s always a good time to be mad at boys.

6. Björk

An icon if there ever was one. Her small, cute stature is DEFINITELY a shock compared to her belting, striking voice. You can tell she doesn’t hold back and still, her eclectic art-pop style couldn’t be better for a cool day at home. Oh, and she’s Icelandic. I love her.

7. Le Tigre

More feminist greatness! The singer is Bikini Kill’s Kathleen Hanna and she’s still a queen. Le Tigre is still punk with more of a soft, electronic popness to it. Good for more laying around in your bedroom quite yelling about boys.

8. Melody’s Echo Chamber

A french vocalist who varies between English and French lyrics. Her songs will put you in dreamland, undoubtedly. Her music can be described as psychedelic rock to dream pop.

9. Alvvays

A more recent indie, dream-pop band. One of their most popular songs is “Archie, Marry Me,” which could honestly just be on repeat forever.

10. Frankie Cosmos

The daughter of Phoebe Cates and Kevin Kline, she has created a really impressive music career. Her songs are super cute and in no time you’re gonna know all the words to “Young” and “Fool”.

11. Mitski

Mitski is a self made artist with a really gorgeous voice. She’s indie rock with some unsuspecting, really powerful lyrics. Her music videos are wild, too.

12. Kali Uchis

Recently popular, and deserves it! She's a singer and songwriter and she was featured on Tyler, the Creator’s newest album. Her voice is flawless and everyone’s obsessed, she's already been nominated for two awards!

13. SZA

SZA is a singer and songwriter with the most compelling voice. Her lyrics are thoughtful, truthful, and her beats are so mellow. She’s perfect for all moods, to be honest.

14. Noname

Noname is a rapper from Chicago with a voice of an angel!! Immediately upon hearing her you’ll be hooked. Initially a poet, her lyrics reflect that. Her success took off once she was featured on Chance the Rapper’s mixtape, Acid Rap.

15. ROSALÍA

Recommended to me by my brother because of her “superb vocals”, Rosalía is a Spanish singer and her voice is definitely superb. Her soft melodies and soft-spokenness make are perfect for a relaxing day.

I hope you’ve found at least a few new faves from this list. And I hope your day is as chill as these artists!