14 Times 'SATC' Perfectly Described The End Of The Semester

This is the hardest part of the school year, even worse than the fall semester conclusion. Who better to understand our pain than the girls from Sex and The City?

16
Storiesofasinglegirl

The spring semester can be a lot harder than the fall semester for a lot of reasons, but it probably has a lot to do with the fact that some people are cheering about graduation and the sun is finally shining. Summer break is so close you can almost feel the sun burn you look forward to. To get to that point though, you need to go through the hell that is finals. The end of the spring semester is unlike any other, and the Sex and the City gals totally feel your pain. If you aren't a fan of the show yet, maybe this will be a good show to binge watch over summer break.

First, you have to make it through these depressing stages of the end of the semester, and the emotional roller coaster that comes with them:

1. You didn't realize it was April already, and finals are officially too close for comfort.

The "April showers" you've always heard of are more like the tears you cry when you realize how much catching up you have to do. Maybe alcohol isn't always the answer, but this does seem like an appropriate time to consider it. With all the tests and papers catching up to you, it's time to buckle down and focus! That might even mean trying to write everything down.

2. You make the mature decision to be a good student, opening your textbooks for the first time.

You are dying inside to throw the textbooks out the window and scream a little, or at least sell the textbooks so you can order yourself a cocktail pronto! You pretend that everything is okay though, and know you have three weeks now to pull yourself together.

3. Then your professor announces one last project: a group presentation.

This is considered the breaking point. You begin debating how much anger you can put in one Rate My Professor post! This is sadly an inevitable moment in any semester, but you can't stop crying about it until it's over.

4. The sunshine seems here to stay, but school has become actual hell.

Is it just coincidence it gets hotter the closer we get to finals? You sit inside, wondering what the outside world is like, and realize this might be your life forever. Stuck inside with no time to enjoy the little bit of sun you've been graced with, what other torture may possibly be worse?

5. Apparently, you forgot to study for that one last test the professor threw in before the final.

Or maybe it was a pop quiz? You were definitely falling asleep when the professor handed out the papers. You don't even remember writing your name on it. Sadly, you may have taken many tests over the last few months, but you still can't say you learned anything.

6. You study for two hours on Friday and realize you should be rewarded for the hard work with a night out.

To be honest, you can come up with a thousand reasons why you need to go out. Finals may be near, your college career on the line, your future looking darker by the second, but you deserve a social life! Right?

7. Procrastination has never been your friend, and never will be.

Holding off until the last minute always seems like a good idea, until you pull three all nighters just praying for a C. You may think you work good under pressure, but you always end up hating yourself for it.

8. Dropping out doesn't sound so bad.

For a short moment, you are completely okay with all the debt and time you have wasted. If it meant you never had to endure this type of pain and stress ever again, you could accept the anger from your parents and find a steady job at McDonalds, no problem

9. Your biggest mistake will be checking on your GPA during this stressful time.

Unfortunately, now is not the time to cry about the mistakes you made last semester. You clearly didn't learn from them yet, so it's best to look forward and hope for the best in the fall. Thanks for the advice, Samantha!

10. Your body is craving sleep more than ever.

This is what you constantly hear in your head every time you think about taking a nap. You've probably even wondered why napping isn't a class in college; we need the sleep more than preschoolers, don't we? We deserve it, and would even be willing to pay for the class!

11. Your professor asks if there are any last minute questions before the final.

The classroom sounds like crickets, and the professor stands over us all in confusion; no one wants to ask questions. This is probably because we still don't know what we learned on the first day, or understand why we signed up for the class in the first place.

12. Food may be scarce, but coffee has become a meal.

And let's just say, some people may struggle with hooking up a printer or properly cooking ramen in a microwave, but every college student knows how to work a coffee maker. It is the most important thing in life, especially with finals week growing nearer and nearer by the cup!

13. You learn new ways to balance the unhealthy lifestyle finals has created.

Before you know it, the end of the semester is officially here, you have pushed through in the same pair of sweatpants for days and made it out of your last exam alive.

14. Then you finally leave your last exam.

It seems almost too good to be true. It's warm out, you don't have any more tests to study for, and your friends are all waiting for you. Freedom is right there, but you're going to fall into this hole of misery all over again in a few months anyway. The good news is you made it! Stand back up, and go grab a drink! You probably need it more than anyone else right now