Thomas Rhett just won Male Artist of the Year at the 2019 Academy of Country Music Awards. When he got onstage to make his acceptance speech, he thanked his wife and God for giving him this amazing life. With two little girls, and an incredible wife of five years, Rhett's family is absolute goals. He makes music that's full of meaning and love, and each song he puts out is better than his last.
His new album, Center Point Road, is set to release in May of 2019, and we all know it will be filled with even more heartfelt and touching lyrics than his past albums have. Here are 13 Thomas Rhett lyrics that prove true love does exist.
1. "It's like I heard angels singing, like she came down from the ceiling."
"Look What God Gave Her"
2. "If I never get to build my mansion in Georgia/ Or drive a sports car up the coast of California/ If all I got is your hand in my hand/ Baby, I could die a happy man."
"Die a Happy Man"
3. "I could try to find her, get it off of my chest now/ But I ain't gonna mess it up, so I'll wish her the best now."
4. "It's crazy I remember every detail, but I do/ From your blue jeans to your shoes, girl that night was just like you/ Unforgettable"
5. "I bought a ring and she said "I do"/ But everybody else said, "Man, you're 22"/ "Whatcha trying to prove?"/ "Hey why don't you wait?"/ 'Cause I've been waiting on her since the second grade."
6. "Tell me how am I supposed to keep my hands to myself/ When you're making my mind wander somewhere else?/ It's on a one-way track when you look like that."
"When You Look Like That"
8. "When the good Lord calls me home and this life is through/ I may be six feet deep, but I'll still be lovin' you."
11. "Everybody's wondering and wanting to know/ What's your name, who's that girl with the luckiest guy in the world?"
"Star of the Show"
12. "Now I'm twenty five and I'm drinking wine with my wife at home/ Got a couple of dogs and a couple of songs on the radio."
13. "I found a field, I put it in park/ Blanket and a girl and a billion stars/ Midnight buzz and a racing heart when I leaned in to kiss her."
"That Old Truck"