Everyone knows Taylor Swift is an incredible artist. But what you may not know is that she's also an incredible role model for young people. Here are just 13 of the things she's done outside of the music industry that make her awesome.
1. Had a “Shake it Off” dance party with a seven-year-old fan.
Look at him go.
2. Donated a portion of money from sales of her hit song "Welcome to New York" to the New York City public school system.
3. Has landed in the first place on DoSomething.org's "Celebs Gone Good" list three years in a row due to charity work.
4. Visited the New York Hospital Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for almost five hours — even though she was only scheduled to spend an hour.
5. Donated 6,000 books to a Pennsylvania library.
6. Turned a rehearsal into a benefit concert that raised over $750,000 for tornado victims across the southern states.
7. Responded to a fan suffering from bullying with a lengthy, personal, and heartfelt message.
"Reading this made me so sad because I love seeing you in your videos and photos being so happy and wide eyed, like the world isn't as harsh and unfair as it actually is. I hate thinking about your pretty face covered in tears, but I know why you're crying because I've been in your place. This isn't a high school thing or an age thing. It's a people thing. A life thing. It doesn't stop. It doesn't end or change. People cut other people down for entertainment, amusement, out of jealousy, because of something broken inside them, or for no reason at all. Let them keep living in the darkness and we'll keep waking in the sunlight. Forever on your side, Taylor."
8. Helped Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen and the Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police launch the "Delete Online Predators" campaign, before becoming an official spokeswoman for the campaign.
9. Donated $100,000 to the Red Cross in Cedar Rapids, Iowa to help the victims of the Iowa flood of 2008 and $500,000 Tennessee flood relief telethon in 2010.
10. Donated her prom dress, which raised $1,200 for charity, to donatemydress.org.
11. Performed in BBC’s "Children in Need" concert and donated £13,000 for the cause.
12. Donated two signed guitars — one for a silent auction at a Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Dinner and another to PETA's 35th anniversary online auction.
13. Donated $50,000 to a young girl named Naomi Oakes, who had to miss one of Swift's concerts while undergoing treatment for Leukemia.
Plus, she's talented, compassionate, classy, and beautiful! Keep doing you, TSwift.