13 Signs You're The Loyal Mom Of Your Friend Group

Every group has one.

138
Sami Newland

You probably already know who I'm talking about in your own friend group. The slightly overprotective but very well-intentioned friend who seems to be your mom away from your mom. Despite the fact that they are in college, their lifestyle may follow habits more akin to a 40-something-year-old woman. They constantly look out for their friends and always seem to have an extra granola bar in their pocket.

Does this sound like you? Here are 13 signs that you have become the matriarch of your friend group:

1. You are the designated driver more often than not.

At this point, with the number of drunk people you haul around, you might as well invest in a mini van.

2. You constantly lose hair ties in drunk girls’ hair.

And at this point you’re immune to the stench of puke.

3. You always force your friends to send you a text the second they get home...and stay up in anxiety until they do.

Drop me your pin right now and if you don’t text me back in three minutes I’m hitting the streets.

4. You love hosting and cooking food for your friends.

Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Can I get you a snack? No? I made hummus! And cookies! Take some leftovers.

5. You celebrate your friends' accomplishments more than you celebrate your own.

Also, their birthday is more exciting than yours.

6. You remind your friends to do their homework.

And for some reason when they have seven pages left to write in one night you’re the one who is stressed out.

7. And to not go to bed too late.

8. And to bring a jacket.

Although you usually have at least two extra cardigans in the trunk of your car you're constantly loaning out just in case.

9. You fill your shelves with snacks you don’t actually like but you know your friends do.

Seriously, I didn't even know stores still carried Ritz Bitz, but if my friends love them, I will find them.

10. You are everyone’s therapist.

You stop mental breakdowns on the daily and are always on call.

11. You never forget when someone mistreats your friends.

“Oh, you’re going on a date with George? Um, don’t you remember that time he looked at you weird in the seventh grade and you were stressed about it for like two hours? No, It doesn’t matter that that was eight years ago, you deserve better.”

12. You respond to the word “mom.”

You may be at the point where passing a playground can cause an identity crisis.

13. You actually have a fully stocked medicine cabinet.

And none of the medicine is expired. You're basically running a hospital.