13 Signs You're Ready For Christmas

13 Signs You're Ready For Christmas

It may be September, but I'm ready for December.

17
13 Signs You're Ready For Christmas
Rachel Petrella

If you’re like me, then you just cannot get enough of the Christmas season. For you, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. Between the cute little parties you have with your friends, the fact that you get to celebrate one of the most important feasts for the Church, and the Christmas-y atmosphere that is so hard to accurately describe without tearing up a little bit, some of us just cannot get enough of the Christmas season. Here are 13 signs that you are more than ready for the month of December and all the joyous times that it brings:

1. You would rather it be Christmastime than summertime.

2. You’ve built up your Christmas Pandora/Spotify Stations to perfection. You can also identify the song and artist by just listening to the first chord. It’s quite the talent.

3. Speaking of Christmas music, you may or may not have kind of already started to listen to it because you’ve missed it so much. Listening to it just after Thanksgiving is not realistic, let’s be real.

4. You can’t wait for the family time. It’s a season of family reunions that are way long-overdue. Bonding with your cousins at the kids’ table will always be one of the highlights of Christmas.

5. Walking into a store in September and seeing Christmas trees surprises you slightly at first, but then you start to get super excited for Christmas and even a little emotional. Yeah, it’s as intense as it sounds.

6. You are so ready to show off your Christmas cookie baking skills. I can’t decide which is more fun: baking and decorating them, or actually eating them. Yeah, probably the latter.

7. You are eagerly anticipating giving the important people in your life gifts. It really is one of the best feelings. Seeing their faces light up as they open something that you personally picked out or made for them not only makes them feel good, but it makes you feel good too.

8. You can’t wait to start watching all the Christmas specials for all of your favorite TV shows.

9. The words “Christmas-themed party” increase your heart rate.

10. You own more than one ugly Christmas sweater/sweatshirt. And you are not afraid to wear it in public.

11. You can’t wait to sit down on your couch with a bowl of popcorn, curled up in your favorite blanket with snow quietly falling outside your window, all while watching classic Christmas films. Sounds euphoric, doesn’t it?

12. The thought of decorating your house for Christmas gives you goose bumps.

13. Overall, you are looking forward to the wonderful atmosphere that accompanies the Christmas season. It really is a time of giving, kindness, and love that is not replicated during any other time of the year. So it may be September, but some of us just can’t wait for it to be Christmas.