13 MTV Shows That Should Make A Comeback

Cancel stupid shows like 'Finding Carter' and bring back 'Parental Control.'

962

If you are anything like me, you probably sent a lot of your childhood watching MTV shows that your parents hadn’t figured out how to block on your cable plan. We’ve entered the new age of reality television, and I can’t help but miss the good old days… when the Kardashians weren’t around and we were all entertained with a staged and over the top dating shows.

Below is a list of MTV shows that should 100 percent be brought back to life:

1. "Pimp My Ride"

Who wouldn’t want to kick back and relax as Xzibit (yes, that is actually how he spells his name) pimps out a Prius?!

2. "Next"

The show that transformed our idea of “speed dating.” Probably one of the most memorable MTV show of our generation.

3. "Yo Momma"

The show that let Fez battle it out with a group of people to see who could come up with the greatest “yo momma” joke of all time. Who cares if that phase in our lives has past? Play it on Thursday and give us all the #TBT we’ve been waiting for.

4. "Celebrity Deathmatch"

Animated celebrities fight to the death. MTV should just take whatever Twitter war went viral that week and make it into an episode of this show. It would bring a whole new level to the Kanye vs. T. Swift feud...

5. "Punk’d"

Ashton Kutcher needs to make his comeback and reclaim his title of the King of Pranks. There is nothing better than seeing celebrities almost sh*t themselves on television.

6. "My Super Sweet Sixteen"

Honestly, we all love/hated this show growing up. These spoiled kids may have went a little over the top, but at least we get to share in the fun with an inside scoop into their party planning process. Bring it back so we can feel like we’re living the life in the fast lane again.

7. "Room Raiders"

Three “random” guys or girls are “taken” from their homes and forced into a van while someone goes through their room with gloves and a black light… this person will eventually pick one of the three to date based on the things observed in their room. This hilarious TV show was so entertaining when we were growing up, and needs to be resurrected from the grave.

8. "MTV Cribs"

“Hello MTV, and welcome to my crib,” is not just an Instagram caption. It comes from the show that let us peek into the homes of the celebrities we all love. Aren’t you all curious what J. Law’s got in her fridge?

9. "Date My Mom"

The show that let three men or woman meet the contestants mother, who would later decide who their child would date, proving that mother does know best.

10. "Making His Band"

Bring back the show that gave us Danity Kane! Diddy creating one girl group that we all fell in love with. Let’s bring him back to see if he can do it all again.

11. "Boiling Point"

The show that put its contestants patience to the test. The longer they lasted without blowing their top in whatever situation they were put into, the more cash they got. There was some TBS show that kind of took this show concept, but no one does reality better MTV.

12. Made

Each episode followed one contestant who spent a very short period of time trying to accomplish a goal that could transform his or her life. Some candidates wanted to make the football team; others wanted to win in a beauty pageant. We loved this show because it gave us motivation to achieve our goals.

13. "Parental Control"

Our favorite MTV classic. Do your parents hate your boyfriend or girlfriend? Well, this show will make that person sit in a room with your parents and watch their child go on dates with two people of the parents choosing. This show was the reason we all loved MTV growing up. It was the best, worst show on television, and we couldn’t get enough. It’s sad that MTV has strayed from this kind of quality TV, but maybe there’s hope for producers to bring shows, like Parental Control, back to eager MTV fans.