13 Lessons That Game of Thrones Has Taught Us

God, guns, diseases and old age don't kill people. George R.R. Martin does.

17
tv.com

Even if you don't watch the highly-rated and addicting show Game of Thrones, you've more than likely heard of it at some point or another. And, for us fans, we all know that we hate to love it, and love to hate it, because it has taught us a few things about life. WARNING: potential spoilers ahead!

1. Don't trust anyone.

In-laws, old friends, relatives, kings and queens - don't trust a single one!

2. Once you start playing the power game, you can't just stop.

What was that again? In the game of thrones, you either win, or die. (That's some intense friendly competition there.)

3. There will always be that person.

Spawn of the devil, spoiled brat, power-hungry monster - you take your pick.

4. ...and that person.

You know them: that friend who always seems to know everything about everyone, and never misses a chance to flaunt it.

5. ...and at least one of these people.

Wine, rum, whiskey, vodka...it really doesn't matter to them.

6. Family is important.

Heartfelt reunions are even sweeter when half of your family is dead. (Sorry, I had to do it.)

7. ...most of the time.

Tyrion Lannister: teaching important life lessons with a slap of his hand since Joffrey Baratheon's birth.

8. Always dress for the occasion.

There's nothing like a shiny set of new armor to brighten up the room!

9. Remember those old feuds? Yeah, they might actually follow you for a while.

Too bad he couldn't follow through on that revenge, though.

10. Pets can be the best friends you'll ever have.

They make great guard dogs, too.

11. Sometimes your in-laws will hate you. A lot.

At least your in-laws can't have you killed and get away with it. (Or can they?)

12. Dragons trump everything. Accept that, and you'll live a happier life.

Are you going to argue with a dragon?

13. God, guns, diseases and old age don't kill people. George R.R. Martin kills people.

Oh, you like that character? Too bad. They're dead now.