13 Bits Of Advice For My Future Little To Help You Get Through College

We're in this together.

13

Dear Future Little,

Here is some advice, from me to you, because I know the world can be overwhelming. School is in session, boys are doing their "thing," and you might be going a little crazy trying to handle it all at the moment. So, understand these Big things.

1. There is nothing that ice cream (with your Big) cannot fix.

Well, ice cream and your Big can fix most things!

2. Boys are not worth your precious time.

You are so special. Do not let anyone make you think otherwise. Besides, college is for studying. You can date when you are married!

3. Partying is not worth your time either.

Nothing good comes from partying too much. Focus your energy on your friendships, school, and sleep!

4. However, it is OK to indulge in these things at times.

I understand that sometimes you just have to go out. That is okay too. Everyone deserves a day off!

5. Just know that if you are ever in trouble, I have your back.

Let it be known, I will pick you up if you ever need help. But, I might just have to document the occasion on Snapchat...

6. Do not let life pass you by.

College is so short. It is only 4 years of your life, and these years pass far too quickly. Do not forget to stop and smell the roses.

7. Enjoy the Little things (like our special time together).

I am so excited to have you as my Little! You have no idea. Our future movie nights, lunch dates, and hangouts will mean the world to me!

8. Your sorority is not you.

A wise friend once told me that she was not her sorority, and she is right. Do not let your sorority determine how you live your life. Do not live life for anyone but yourself!

9. Do not let anything define you, even something as rockin’ as our sisterhood.

You are who you make yourself to be.

10. Study for that test wayyyyyy earlier than you planned.

As for academia, prepare for everything. Always show up early and ready to take good notes. Study smarter, not harder.

11. Calendars are your friends.

Planning out your week is a good idea. If you have a calendar then you can better know how to balance school and a social life.

12. But, don’t forget your real friends in the midst of all that studying.

Try not to forget to emerge from the library and experience the light of day. Especially, during finals week, this the key to maintaining sanity.

13. I will always be there for you.

No matter what, you will always be my Little, and I will always be your Big. We are sisters and nothing will change that. I cannot wait to see our relationship bloom and grow.

I love you,

Big