12 Ways To Bullsh*t Your Journey To Adulthood

Fake it til you make it!

41

Hey! I hear ya--you are VERY busy. Sometimes you'll change into a dress in the front seat of your car and pray that nobody is looking, and other times you'll mute your conversation to release your pee stream. You are doing your absolute best, but you don't feel totally adult yet. (Hint: Nobody does. They all just fake it until they convince everyone) After wrapping up the first season of Working Moms on Netflix, I can confidently say that my future looks...interesting...but I picked up some good adulting tips along the way.

1. Dry Shampoo

I'm sure we've all used this sprayable magic at one point or another, but if you have not yet... please join us.

2. Sell yourself in style.

Words to live by: Dress up on the days you feel down.

3. Make good use out of the awkward time periods in your day.

Have a spare 5 minutes? Call your sister. Have an extra 10? Paint your nails. An ENTIRE extra thirty minutes? Get some gym time in. Ditch the "I don't have time for that" attitude and use your time appropriately.

4. Don't make excuses.

Excuses are just an arrangement of priorities, so when your boss asks why you did not do it, do not reply "I was working on my other project", say "I didn't prioritize well. I apologize, but I will have it done ASAP." People appreciate honesty; however, excuses don't sound great even if you are trying to explain yourself. Just get it done, girl.

5. Write things down.

I know, I know, you'll definitely remember it... but you usually never do so WRITE IT DOWN. Whoever is speaking will be impressed and flattered that you are paying genuine attention to them, and you will easily recall small details you may have otherwise forgotten.

6. Maintain your social media.

Your social media plays a huge part in your image, so keep it clean. Twitter beef, indirect Snapchats, and petty Insta posts aren't very adult-y now, are they?

7. Keep up a positive, patient attitude.

People will respect you much more like a responsible young adult if you act like one. Keep it calm and professional when need be.

8. Do your laundry.

Let me clarify: Not only do you need to do your laundry, but you'll also need to *gulp* iron your pants and clean your shoes when trying to look your best. Keeping up with the quality of your clothing will make you feel and look so much more put together.

9. Find a go-to hair style.

When you need to look decent quickly, come up with a hairstyle you know you can do with minimal product--and fast. I have short hair, so a low ponytail works wonders.

10. Write down some goals.

So you want to be more adult, huh? Write down the top 5 things that come to mind when you think you what you need to do to be more grown up. Try them.

11. Read.

Didn't expect this one, did ya? But seriously! Reading expands your worldview and makes you a more informed person. Informed = Understanding = Mature = Adult.

12. Be patient.

As I said, nobody in the history of the universe has ever mastered adulting, so go easy on yourself. If you're realizing you're getting a bit behind the crowd, try some of these approaches to make yourself feel a little better.