12 Things You've Experienced If You Grew Up In A Small Town

Yee: Haw

230

There are some very distinct things that happen in small towns. Here are 12 that hit a little TOO close to home:

1. There is always that ONE parking lot that all the kids hangout in.

Whether it be Sheetz or your local ice cream shop, there will be a group of jacked up trucks parked beside each other.

2. You constantly hear the reving of trucks.

Apparently guys think this makes them look cool?

3. Your mall sucks but there's always a rodeo or tractor pull to keep you occupied.

I never thought that I would go to a tractor pull...until I did.

4. The best restaurant in town is Mexican.

La Caretta. Need I say more?

5. Your idea of fun is riding around on backroads.

Me: *fills gas*

My friends: "Hey, you wanna go ride around?"

6. All of your friends live within 10 minutes of each other.

I was able to leave my friend's houses five minutes before curfew and still make it home on time.

7. Your parents probably graduated with my parents.

No one leaves this town, I swear.

8. Getting your guy friends to not wear camo should be an olympic sport.

I literally know guys that wore camo ties to prom.

9. Everyone is related.

Unless you know for a fact that they're not, they're probably your cousin.

10. Going in public and not seeing someone you know is impossible.

Always be ready to stop and have a thirty-minute conversation with one of your teachers or your grandma's friend.

11. Everything closes super early.

If you want food in the middle of the night, you go to CookOut.

12. Friday night's are for football games.

I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.

Those are 12 things I've come to experience more than once in my small town.