12 Thing Girls Understand When Their Best Friend Is A Guy

Seriously, we're not dating.

16
Becca Limore

1. Car rides are for harmonies.

If you’re not practicing male/female harmonies with your best friend, what are you doing? Car rides are actually concerts without the microphones….or the fans. Practice your heart out and don’t think you can make a road trip without drum solos on the steering wheel.

2. They’re probably your mom’s favorite.

He’s going to call your mom his mom, just accept it. He’s also going to be the favorite child, also accept this. Imagine having a twin that only comes over once a week that doesn’t need anything and just comes for a few hours and leaves. PERFECT CHILD.

3. Your couch is their bed.

He might not spend the night, but he’s definitely going to take a power nap during movie night. And Monday’s are hard so sometimes you both need a cry sesh before band rehearsal. Retreat to the couch!

4. Your dog will actually betray you for him.

On a normal day my dog would never leave my side, but on days that my best friend comes over my dog runs to him and just gives me a look that says, “I’m sorry, who are you?” It’s pure, heart-breaking betrayal, and your best friend will laugh.

5. He will make the bad guys disappear.

Your boy best friend is probably your biggest protector. He can spot boy trouble far before you can and will makes sure it disappears. Always listen to him, he’s always going to be right. Even if you don’t listen to him, he’s still going to be there for you.

6. Saturday mornings are for Nerf gun wars.

He’s probably a kid at heart so let him come to your house at 6AM to have a war. Run around, yell and act crazy. It will be one of your best memories.

7. You two are never going to act normal in public.

Honestly, don’t even try it’s not possible. Even if you pretend his jokes aren’t funny, you’ll still laugh louder than socially acceptable and look like fools, but who cares?

8. You will be asked a thousand times if he’s your boyfriend.

This is the most annoying question but it will happen, over and over again. It’s not offensive, but most people aren’t going to believe you when they tell them no. You two act exactly alike and you’re a couple of weirdos in public so people assume, just politely answer no and go back to being the weirdos that you are.

9. No matter how annoying you are he’s obligated to be your friend.

You’re giggling and loud gasps will drive him up a wall because you’re the most dramatic girl on the planet, but he sticks around. Be incredibly grateful for that.

10. He treats you like the sister he never had.

He’ll be there to listen to all of your problems no matter how petty they actually are. From not wanting to get out of bed on Sunday mornings to hating college algebra, he’ll help you through it. Or he’ll yell at you until you get out of bed, same thing. Being his sister also means he’s going to jump out and scare you whenever he feels like it, or he’s going to put you in a headlock in the middle of the school hallway. Deal with it, he’s stronger and will win.

11. Sometimes you just want to hit him.

Sometimes he’s too “cool” or too “mature” to laugh at your jokes. LIke he suddenly thinks you’re not funny but you know you’re hilarious. He throws you a fake laugh immediately followed by a straight face. You love him, but you really want to smack him.

12. You wouldn’t choose anyone else.

At the end of the day after the annoyances, dog betrayal and “are you dating” trials you couldn’t picture anyone else being your best friend. He knows all your secrets and won’t hold them against you. Be incredibly thankful for this friendship and keep laughing too loud and your friendship will last for ages.